Taking the plunge

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is my first time, I was told I was diabetic just a couple of months ago having been rushed into hospital with a foot ulcer. I am on metformin and insulin, in order to come off the insulin its been suggested that I should lose a few LB's first. I have lost 2 stone in the last 4 months and the war is ongoing. I have had these tablets for 2 weeks now and having talked to people I was put off taking them because of the side effects! The wish to be off the insulin is greater than the scare of the side effects of this blue pill so here goes!

Wish me Luck sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi and Welcome, Don't be put off taking the tablets, I was at first but now I just keep thinking about the end result. There is loads of info, tips and the much needed support on this forum. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Malcolm. Like you I was a bit put off by what people said but I discovered this forum and it put paid to my fears entirely.

Well done for the weight loss so far and good luck for the rest. It will be brilliant if you can come off the insulin.

• Posted

Well done on your weight loss so far :D

Don't be put off as long as you stick to no more than 30g of fat per day, alot of people split it up to 5 for breakfast, 10 for lunch and 15 for tea; if you don't use all of these you can include low fat treats. I include a weight watchers dessert after tea and a mugof Asda Goood for you hot choc made with 3 teaspoons :oops: :oops: at bedtime.

Good luck

• Posted

Well done on the weight loss so far. :D

Don't be put off You'll be fine as long as you stick to ano more than 30 g of fat per day, no more than 15g per meal- Alot of people split it up to 5g/breakfast-10g/ lunch- 15g tea. If you eat less you can include low fat snacks- I look forward to a weight watchers low fat dessert after my tea and a mugof Asda low fat Hot chocolate before bed.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.