Taking this drug( Celexa) or cit

Posted , 6 users are following.

I smoke a lot of weed, and I injest thc using thc wax, edibles, and weed sodas. (Sounds crazy but in California they have all that ) I drink heavy on the weekends, I do cocaine with my friends, and I sometimes take pain pills Somas and Xanax. I have been taking the pill for 3 days now, and I feel nothing interferes with any of that. But my question is, would this b bad eventually? BTw I'm not an alcoholic Or pill head I'm just a heavy pothead.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Russell

I don't think it's a good idea to continue with your life style whilst on citalopram. On reading your post, I got so worried for you I went onto Google and copied the info below. Please read and be kind to yourself.

blessings

Lorraine x

Citalopram does not mix well with street drugs or legal highs

We don't know exactly how citalopram interacts with street drugs and legal highs.

Cannabis can make drowsiness worse with citalopram and give you a fast heartbeat. Methadone can make drowsiness worse with citalopram. The citalopram could increase the concentration of methadone in your body.Citalopram could raise the level of cocaine in your body, giving you a bigger reaction.Taking citalopram with cocaine or ecstasy or amphetamines could bring on serotonin syndrome. You could get a high temperature/fever, agitation, confusion, trembling or weird muscle movements. You need to go to hospital if this happens. Tell the doctor that you are taking citalopram.

• Posted

You shouldn't be taking any of those other drugs while taking an ssri. You need to be honest with your doctor and let him know.

God Bless!

• Posted

So did my 21 year old son! And he took is life 5 weeks ago. He smoked weed everyday. He had anxiety and depression. He was put on an ssri and took it while still smoking everyday. I'm not sure whether the weed had anything to do with it while taking the ssri but I'm sure it didn't help.

I'm currently on Celexa due to this loss. And it is starting to help me after 4 weeks.

Please research the combination of the THC and SSRI!

All the best to you!!!

• Posted

I know and I'm sorry about your son taking his life. I really am <\3 nothing to b proud of or anything

but i'm not depressed never have been but my doctor thinks this medicine will help me with my anger nothing="" to="" b="" proud="" of="" or="" anything="" but="" i'm="" not="" depressed="" never="" have="" been="" but="" my="" doctor="" thinks="" this="" medicine="" will="" help="" me="" with="" my="" anger="">

but i'm not depressed never have been but my doctor thinks this medicine will help me with my anger >

• Posted

Just seeing this. Thank you very much Russell! I glad to hear you are not depressed!!! All the best to you!!!
  • Posted

If you're suffering with depression and anxiety and you want to get better, then you know in your heart that the best thing is not to mix medication with drugs.  Why would jeopardise your well being and happiness for something that you know is harmful.  Citalopram alters your brain chemistry, and is not a medication to take play around with.

Smoking weed gives you a more likely chance to develop schitzophrenia and is adding to your depression.

I was ill for 15 years with depression and never, ever want to be there again. The scariest time in my life plus I lost all those years of my life.  Why would you jeopardise your mental wellbeing for drugs?

You've taken this medication for 3 days ... I think you might be surprised what's about to hit you with these meds ......

You should speak to your doctor.  Don't mix these meds.

• Posted

I'm not depressed

My doctor put me on this because he thinks it's gonna help with me being so damn angry all the time

• Posted

Russell, my son was angry all the time as well! He thought that Weed was the greatest thing in the world and that it was so safe. There were times that he wouldn't smoke for a few weeks at a time. And I noticed such a positive change in him.

Then I would notice him being in a bad mood again and getting angry over little things and I would say to him, you started smoking again didn't you? He would get angry at the question but would always be honest and say yes.

It's your life Russell! Why don't you just try and stop smoking for one full month! You can always smoke your brains out after that if you want.

Just one month and see how you feel! You might even have withdrawl symptoms deoending on how much and how long you've been smoking so take that into consideration. And I don't care what anyone says, you can have withdrawl from weed!!!

God bless!!!

• Posted

I love y'all! If my fiancé notices anything weird( which she's like very motherly, to the extreme) I'm off this med. but keep in touch with me please please
    • Posted

Ah I see.  Maybe that's the drugs?

Well I hope they help you, but do think you'd find a big difference if you didn't use anything.  Worth trying.

K 🙂

• Posted

One thing to note though, if you find these meds don't agree with you, you can't just stop them.  You have to withdraw from them over months or you'll be very ill.
  • Posted

During stress, the medicine Celexa really helps. It's good that I do not have these moments often, so I do not use this medication regularly and I can not say about its side effects, if any. And as for one-time exposure - very effective. Instruction on the site of the pharmacy http://norxtabs.com/buy-generic-celexa-online.php

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.