Taking vitamin A and zinc should I stop taking before I get lab work done ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been taking 10,000IU vitamin A  for about 2 weeks and just started taking 50MG zinc  two days ago now with the Vitamin A . I’m thinking about getting lab work done on my over all  nutrition  to see if I even need to be taking it , should I stop taking it before I get lab work done or  continue  to take it and get lab work still . The only reason I started taking them is to see if it would help my skin . Have not seen a doctor to see if I truly need them.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, you should stop taking vitamin A and zinc. Taking any supplements before lab work may lead to biased lab results. If you are eating a balanced diet, you may already be getting enough nutrients. Lab results based on your diet (without additional vitamin A, zinc, or other supplementation) would reveal if you are deficient in any vitamin or mineral. I hope everything turns out well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.