Taking Zolpidem (generic) ambien still up.every two hours

Posted , 4 users are following.

have been on for 10 years. tried others too. nothing seems to work. including cannibal oil with thc

please advise

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steven sorry to hear you are not sleeping well. Zolpidem isn't meant to keep you asleep all night. It has a "duration of action" of 3 hours so not surprising if one wakes early. I have tried Zolpidem both branded and generic and they rarely keep me asleep beyond the 3 hour mark unless I've had no sleep at all, they then seem to work better but that could be because of being very tired. Truth is most sleeping pills are not great for sleeping. They are no match for natural sleep, I understand you're predicament, not sleeping properly is tiring and it's frustrating that a pill doesn't solve the problem. I'm tired pretty much all the time because of insomnia but I get through the day, it's not easy but you do it like a human instinct to survive as long as possible. During world war 2 people didn't sleep much either because of the night bombings. The next day they spent it helping clear up damage so I bet they went a couple of nights or more with no sleep at all.

• Posted

hi gareth did you go through all my personal messages to you? can you tell me how you are doing now? how much are you sleeping on average without alcohol? i wait for your response.

• Posted

my husband doesn't sleep. He tried ambien but it only kept him asleep for about 20 minutes. Going without sleep takes a toll on a person's mental and physical wellbeing. Ambien also has an extended release pill that is supposed to put you to sleep as well as keep you asleep. It costs quite a bit more but if your insurance doesn't cover it private message me, I know of a discount online pharmacy that is actually legitimate. My husband tried the extended release but unfortunately it didn't work for him either. He is still awaiting testing at USC KECK to try and diagnose him.

• Posted

hi Jennifer, how are you doing ? hows your husband sleeping now on average? did you try to make him read the books i mentioned? plz do reply about ur present situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.