taking12.5mg of Paxil CR and waking up really anxious

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 12.5mg of Paxil CR for two weeks now and about 4 days into it I started to wake up every morning with really bad anxiety and shakiness. I've had to take Klonopin when I wake up to make it go away. I've also been experiencing nausea in the morning but that's not as bad as the anxiety. I take my pill at 7pm each night, I tried taking it in the am but it made everything so much worse. Does anyone know if this is normal and if it will go away? It's really terrible, Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I do not take paxil cr but I take paxil 40 mgs. I know that nausea is normal and anxiety as well with regular paxil..You just have to hang in there a while for the side effects to tone down. You can also ask your doctor to change medication if it is too much for you to handle. Good luck xx
    • Posted

Thank you! I'm just worried this won't go away. It's been two weeks but it feels like a lifetime.

• Posted

It is no fun feeling that kind of anxiety while hoping to feel better. Just stay strong and things will work out for you.xxconfused

• Posted

Unfortunately, Paxil and all the SSRI antidepressants  have this problem with anxiety and gastrointestinal distress.  (and a host of other adverse side effects ! )If you can possibly live without it, then dont take it at all.  I have 15 years of expirence using paxil and I will never go back to any anti-depressant again.  I have been OFF of it for 5 years. I can't say anything good about most psychiatric drugs.......all drugs have side effects thats true.......so there is that problem no matter what. Good luck.

• Posted

many times the side effects never tone down! I always had some nausia and always diarhea every day to some degree !

• Posted

Hi there.

That side efect you got is normal, i am on 20mg nearly 15 years now, i had same side efects, only problem is they are so adicted medication. well but i feel much better now do to anxiety and depresion. yes you will have this side efects up to probably for about month or so. will feel better after that. take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.