Tal Golesworthy device for me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have left ventricle enlargement since 2011 and the ejection fraction of my left ventricle is %25. My cardiologist is going to install an implantable defibrillator for me.

I have read about Mr. Tal Golesworthy and his device. He had an almost similar problem with one of his heart valve (as far as I know). So I want to know

1. if it is possible to use a similar device for my problem.

2. I tried to find his contact bot I couldn't can you possibly help me with that please?

Kind Regards

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My husband also has 23% ejection fraction, or did have, complicated by Left Branch Bundle Block, both sides of his ventricles or heart were not beating together, but slightly off.

Eventually after echo he was were told he told would need a Cardiac resynchronisation device or CRT with defibrillator, while we were waiting (public system) for bed, his heart developed bradacardia very slow heartbeat, 30 BPM, both his left and right branch bundle had shut down, very dizzy, could not stand up without help.

young Dr's at ER decided it was his tablets he was on for heart failure, some of them can cause you heart to slow down, exactly what they are supposed to do, 12 hours later his heart beat dropped to 23 BPM, in the middle of the night, at that point the following morning we got to see the consultant.

He immediatly ordered a CRT be installed.

After it was installed,5pm in the afternoon, after MRI, husband said he could breathe, no longer breathless, pain that he had been having in bicep, left upper arm and weakness was gone, also he could pee, normally, not drip drip drip, stop drip drip drip, Dr's telling it was enlarged prostrate, yes that as well, but big imporvement immediately after CRT installed, Dr's shrug their shoulders when we tell them his peeing improved.

His life has improved out of site, walking 3-4 km a day, gardening, mowing the lawns, repairing lawnmowers, for all our neighbours. helping another neighbour with renovations, nothing physical, sits and gives orders, and when he feels OK, helps a little, but still gets breathless very quickly if he tries anything physical.

EF at last check up, echo was at 45%, senior cardiologist very pleased, and said keep walking.

Discharged from hospital the following morning at 8am.

• Posted

Thank you Lyn. It was very good for me. I think mine is implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) and I don'y know if it does the job of the CTr as well or not. But I feel better now about it. I wish I see 45% again.

• Posted

I do remember they changed their mind at the last minute about which device they were going to install in my husband.

He was going to get an ICD, as you are, and after the MRI, they decided the CRT would suit him better.

It was a last minute change, he was already on the operating table when they got him to sign for the different device.

You are in the hands of the cardiologist about which will suit you best,

Good luck, I'm sure it will make things much better for you as it has for my husband.

• Posted

Oh...intersting...they may change it wink

Thank you again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.