talk about death

Posted , 8 users are following.

with the medication i am on and suffering with depression and aniexty i am always thinking about dying

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there . Sorry to hear you feeling that way .I feel like this a lot. was just asking what medication do you take .anxiety and depression is really bad .

• Posted

Andrew it does get better! first did you have an endoscopy? that gives you some relief and should help with anxiety. Secondly which meds are you on? I was so sick for a year, depressed, thinking I had cancer and was dying! short of breath all the time, pressure, trouble swallowing, ear ache, stuffy nose, flem in my throat. I was afraid to go to sleep thinking I wouldnt wake up. After a year went to the doctor had a barium swallow showed Narrowing in the distal end of the esophagus. Gastro doctor put me on Omprezole Aka Nexium. had an endoscopy with 5 biopseys. What the barium swallow didnt show was a sliding hiatal hernia. All biopseys showed silent reflux causing inflammation in the esophagus. So here is what I did with some help from the doctor and reading on my own. So no spicey food what so ever!!! No alcohol, no carbonated drinks. Eat small meals frequently never allow yourself to get hungry. so 5 meals a day, small amts. Do not stuff yourself. No caffeine! I took vit. B12 (stomach meds deplete B12). one tsp. of honey 3x a day straight. Took meds. 2x a day for 2 months then slowly decrease them. Never go cold Turkey. By month 3 all was going away. Now take Pepsid when I am going out to dinner where meal planning is alittle bit harder. As far as anxiety walk away from people or situations that upset you. Hard to do but gets easier with time. It's a slow process but it works as time goes on. But you will survive and you will get better. Elevate with pillows to sleep and before bed or if you wake up during the night drink water. I keep bottled water on my night stand. Dont eat late at night either. Cut back on salt too. I eat yogurt in the morning. Relax and eat slow, small meals, elevate to sleep, No caffeine, no alcohol no carbonation, take meds, B12, honey, no salt. You will get better and this does work!!!

• Posted

I can relate how you feel, I was on that situation too not long time ago, God is so so good that I had came to understand what's really going on with me. My first GI physician did not diagnosed me right in spite of the colonoscopy and endoscopy but my 2nd GI physician gave me the correct diagnosis. Those omniprazol, etc. don't work for me, it won't stop the acid reflux, although during the 2nd worst attack of acid reflux it helps one time of taking to suppress the worst acid attack I went through and taking the liquid acid suppression to be take every 3 hours during that worst attacked of acid reflux. That 2nd worst attacked happened because I was worrying and I can slept only 3 hours and I was not eating breakfast and I stop the beets, cucumber, ginger, pineapple, grapes & kale, little honey & glass of water blend. I think the lack of sleep really can trigger the attacks, not eating breakfast and also worries. I still remember the 1st attacked that I can't breath that gave me so much anxiety and depression and I think acid reflux is connected to nervous system and this 2nd worst attacked that the acid likes to go up to my nose, ears & eyes & made my whole body to shake, I felt that anxiety again but I claimed the mercy & grace of God through Jesus Christ, I humble down myself before God for forgiveness for being foolish, for not eating on time and watching t.v. so late and for worrying because I'm presently jobless but I'm so thankful, so grateful to God for my husband for providing all my needs. I had a hard time to sleep at night because of the acid so I was taking antihistamine sleeping pill and melatonin every night during those ordeal, I thank & praise God I was healed by having 8 hours slept at night, I run at least a mile on treadmill every night, I tried to drink water at least 8 glasses a day, during those attacked it helps also to boil the water to drink. I don't take any medication except the blend, 8 hours sleep at night, drink 8 glasses of water, exercise everyday, sometimes I ride the bicycle at daylight or gardening. I have food restrictions also, I'm not allowed to eat yet rice, pasta, bread, sugar (honey or stevia are what allow). I'm no longer have that depression praise God I know now what's going with me, about anxiety I pray to God in Jesus name that I will never have a third attack, God forbid. On that worst 2nd attacked, I felt that I crossed death & life for that anxiety, I really praise and thank God for His mercy and grace and for forgiving me for being lacking of self disciplined that time, and worrying also because that's a sign of not trusting God, I was so foolish that time. Please hold on to God, you're not alone for what you're feeling. Try to pray to God, start reading the Bible at the book of John, Luke, Matthew, Mark, Psalms and the entire Bible. Or try to listen on you tube to Pastor Carter Conlon, Time Square Chruch. I pray for you to hold on to God, for He gave His only begotten Son Lord Jesus Christ to us so we'll live a life in abundance, free from worries in this world. I hope & pray I was able to help you a little, I'll feel guilty if I will not share also what I been through because I can really relate how you feel. You're not going to die, you just need to have patience, understand what's really going on, why you have that acid reflux, find a good GI physician who could helps you to find out the real cause of that acid reflux, avoid to worry, just need to trust God to helps you to get heal, to have His gift of wisdom, it helps also to have humility too and to forgive all those offense, as well as to ask God for forgiveness in all short comings. God bless you, I pray you can find friends who are mature Christians and be your prayer warriors. God bless and I give God all the glory for all answered prayers in Jesus name.

• Posted

I hope you feel better soon .I have just read the following 2 comments which has some great advice . it is scary .I have Barrett esophagus .and a sliding hernia .which does worry me .Been on omeprazole for about 9 years now . I am currently 32 years of age .and I try to stick to a healthy ish diet which dies help .the cancer word is scary. But if you have routine monitoring .least they keeping an eye out .As for anxiety .depression .try be around very happy people as hard as that is .I have been in an out of mental health hospitals with depression and self harm .But you can over come all of this .listen to motivational speaking videos .and exercise as much as possible . not saying things will work with everyone . But talk to your friends and family when down .they .can help a lot and maybe go back to your doctors and see therapist .music is a big help for me I get deep into it .

good luck and keep your head up.

• Posted

andrew: We are all hoping you will share more details as to what you are dealing with. What medications are you taking and what were your original symptoms. Most of us on this forum have gone through very difficult symptoms and have been able to find some relief. So, with the proper care and treatment, most of these issues can be overcome. Regards, John.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.