22 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I see that Dr Wong has a new LAL video up, and in the comments says that he has recently begun using LAL+. His early experience is that outcomes are about the same for LAL+ and the OG LAL.

• Posted

The Alcon pkg insert information on comparative studies of Vivity versus monofocals reached conclusions that bilateral Vivity IOLs did not have worse vision acuity or CS than monofocals. Using Vivity IOLs in a mini-monovision study showed improved results compared to monofocals. I looked at studies and their conclusions, not defocus curves.

• Edited

Those conclusions do not jive with Figure 9 in the FDA Vivity P930014 Package insert. Also keep in mind that if you displace the peak visual acuity point by using some monovision the binocular summation is lost. The distance eye visual acuity is essentially the monofocal result and the same with the near eye. Claims not supported by data are not really worth much. It is like J&J claiming there is no loss in peak visual acuity with their Eyhance lens.

• Posted

The studies done on bench or in field looked impressive to me.

One must keep in mind the need to follow warnings about health and eye conditions that lead to problems with EDOF or MF IOLs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.