Talonavicular fusion with hindfoot fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post open and doing well. Off pain medication in 2 days. All stitches removed. On 2nd cast. 3 weeks left in cast before hopefully going to boot. Recuperation not as bad as I had imagined. I was actually scheduled to have surgery August 18, 2016 but chickened out. Got off operating table and went home. Hopefully rest of time will go by fast.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had that fusion as well June 30.. my recovery was very quick even to my dr.. cast for 3 weeks and then removable brace so I could shower.. that lasted 6 weeks.. ( highly suggest a knee walker if you don't have one) it feels like forever.. partial weight baring for a few weeks with boot and just became weight baring and brace 2 weeks ago! Still pain sometimes but not intolerable.. advice.. do what the dr says.. I was never really "partial weightbaring" and almost snapped the screws.. you'll be back into 2 shows by spring! Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Danielle. I have knee walker, crutches and wheel chair. I am pretty mobile and have mastered my cleaning, cooking etc with knee walker. I can come upstairs with crutches. I have been showering with plastic cast protector. IT works really well. GLAD all is going well for you. BELIEVE me, I will follow directions so I won't experience any set backs. KEEP me informed on your progress. Good luck.

• Posted

Reading your words and Danielle's gives me some hope! I am due to have a talonavicular fusion in 2017. Have been postponing it forever and trying any conservative method I can to avoid it. But I now have extreme difficulty in walking. When do you both start Physio? And you said you came off painkillers in two days? Gosh.

Congratulations both on your healing snd recoveries. As I said, giving me hope and I will follow your progresses. Keep us posted!

• Posted

I postponed for over a year. I wish I hadn't. Have not been advised regarding therapy. I wasn't having

Pain so air discontinued pain mess. Wish you well.

• Posted

Thank you. Please could you rewrite the last sentence! I don't quite understand what you are saying. Thank you smile

• Posted

Sorry. I wasn't having any pain after 2 days so I discontinued pain meds

• Posted

I was on pain meds for about 2-3 days as well then switched to ibuprofen.. I've been taking vitamins and supplements consisting of joint builder and omega 3s I feel that helped me recover quicker.. it is scary but it will be better once it's over.. the road is no fun.. anxiety is the worst but once it's done.. that bridge is crossed.. recovery can happen faster if you keep it iced elevated and listen to the dr for at least a few weeks

• Posted

Lol your a lot like I was.. refused to be down for long. I used the knee walked to do laundry in my basement and even played soccer with kids.. it was a very trying time that I'm so happy is over but my friends and family have so many memories and laughs because I'm stubborn! I will keep you posted.. I've noticed when the weather isn't so good (raw,cold) I limp more and it's a little sore but hoping that fades in time..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.