Tampon

Posted , 4 users are following.

I put a tampon in months after my rectocele surgery. It’s a little discomfort I can feel it when I sit,  I’m so small internally. I pulled it out and it was burning my vagina floor. The surgery was done on 2/27/18..🤦🏾???🤷???🤷???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ouch, burning doesn’t sound good, is it the usual size you use?

Was your flow heavy enough as when flow is light tampons can be uncomfortable if they’re dry?

The fact that you can feel it isn’t right though, you shouldn’t be able to, perhaps it’s not in far enough?

Either way I’d speak to your doctor before using one again.

• Posted

I think I was a little dry and it was a large one. I’m going to wait another three months before so use a tampon again. Overall, I have no problems
  • Posted

Oh my....thought we would be feeling fine by 3 months....I feel bad this isnt heaking faster...will you ever be able to use a tampon comfortably?...wishing you better days soon...God Bless You.
    • Posted

12 wks is still eArly days after rectocele repair.. You have a lot more stitches than anterior repair and also a lot more nerves to heal. I would not be worrying about not using tampons..healing is better with nothing in vagina.
  • Posted

So sorry .....hurts when I sit ....sounds like its normal while our bodies heal.....my anxiety came because surgeon said healing was quicker....maybe my age og 68 has something to do with this....wishing you pain free and happy days
    • Posted

It just had a little burning when I took it out. I’m just nervous, overall I don’t have any pain and I healed pretty quick but I’m still cautious, I believe I still have stitches to be dissolved, and nerves to be healed as well..,
    • Posted

Recovery can be slow at any age but yes you’re probably right the doctor underestimated your recovery time.

Perhaps he thought if he told you a short recovery time it would aid your recovery but don’t feel bad that you’re “not on his schedule”. You’ll get there xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.