tamsulosin

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anybody suffered from very dry eyes by taking this drug? and in the morning after sleeping my eyes are all gooey and when washed and i am out the go very dry i am always rubbing them,  also i have very itchy skin especially on my back ,thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was taking tamsulosin for about three months before my turp but suffered no ill

affects only good ones, I hope that helps.

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

I took Tamsolusin for years, and had no noticeable side-effects, only what it was supposed to do: enalb me to pee easily. Often, when I stopped occasionally because I don't being on pills and feared tamsolusin's non-conscious side-effects (I think, from memory, it wasn't supposed to be good for my heart), I generally had to restart as my urination got difficult again.

Buton reflection, I think I have had the odd time when I did experience crusty eyes in the morning (but not too bad, and so wasn't really worried about it), so that may have been due to tamosulsin.

At my age, my skin has gone fairly dry anyway, so I cannot tell if it was exacerbated by the tamosulin.

• Posted

Hello Old Friend,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with Tamsulosin.  I checked a couple of drug info sites for you and what they say about both itching and eye problems is  a two star warning:  ' get thee hence to a a Doctor '.   So I guess it's a case of getting the earliest appointment you can and leave out taking Tamsulosin in the meantime.

Conscious of the present irony,  I nevertheless most sincerely wish you, a Happy New Year.

Regards

Dudley 

• Posted

I have been trying to convince my doctor that the Tamsulosin is the cause, especially my dry eyes, will go back and see him. Thanks
    • Posted

Yes it could well be and perhaps even more likely in view of you having the rash as well.

PRAZOSIN is almost as good,  if not as good ... And an awful lot cheaper.

Out of interest,  my optometrist told me that in front of computers,  tablets and pads screens we do not blink as often as we should and this causes dry itchy eyes.   So less time in front,  or eye-drops is the way to go.

• Posted

I took Tamsulosin for atleast 3 or 4 years and did not have these given side effects.  The side effects I had was a problem having a climax and if I was lucky enough to have one almost nothing came out in the ejaculation process.  The drug also killed the sensation of even having one.  I also was on Avodart for 6 months and that drug is "EVEN WORSE".  It just plain kills the whole thing called sex.  Couldn't even have a climax.  Could go and go like the energizer bunny but nothing ever happened.  Luckily I had a "PAE" in Sept. of this year and shortly afterwards took myself off these two nasty castration drugs.  Iam now some  3 1/2 months later actually able to have a wonderful climax and  life is looking up for me.  The PAE itself in my humble opinion did not work from the stand point of its actual "objective".  I was getting up prior to the surgery 4 times a night to pee and now Iam getting up either 3 or 4 times.  I guess some would say thats a 25% improvement on "some nights".  Iam not overly happy about it.  Down the road I will probably opt for a "Plasma Button Turp" which  CS123 has had with great success.  But being a normal human being Iam going to put it off as long as possible.   Good Luck to You. 
  • Posted

George, I'm not taking any of the BPH meds anymore as I had a HOLEP procedure two months ago and now I'm clear of any BPH problems. But thinking back I did have exactly the symptoms that you describe; crusty eyes in the morning and an itchy back to the extent that I kept a back-scratcher at my desk and used it every morning. I just now realized that I have neither problem any more. 

You need to realize that the medications for BPH have a life and when they don't work anymore you're facing surgery in all likelihood. For most of us they bring on dry ejaculation and other sexual problems. I recommend when the first med is needed research your surgery options and have the best one for you done. Just get off the meds.

Good luck and thanks for the info about my crusty eyes and itchy back!! 

Ron

• Posted

Hi George

I have been taking Tamsulosin and fenasteride for 18 months prior to the TURP operation in Oct. 2014 and the main side effects for me was RE (Retrograde Ejaculation) and now after the Operation the main issue is I do not appear to produce any semen, hence it is very uncomfortable and sometimes I wish I had not taken the pills nor had the operation.Regards Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.