tamsulosin

Posted , 13 users are following.

This is slightly odd question and appreciate it’s quite petty but I wonder if anyone knows the answer .

I’m on Tamsulosin for a bladder blockage . Diagnosed after the usual tests . These enable me to pee ok, not great but ok . 

However ,I notice that when I have a few drinks ( beer) I cannot pee hardly at all , early hours and the morning after it just dribbles out slowly . 

Of course the obvious answer is not to drink to excess.

Has anyone else noticed this and is the alcohol rendering the pills ineffective ?or is the volume of beer affecting the blockage ?  I take the pill before dinner around 6 pm. 

Thanks guys 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I found beer was the worst alcoholic drink to take and it was some 4 pints of spanish lager that sent me to A and E for a catheter because I couldn't pee at all. If you have trouble peeing and are having to get up many times a night for a pee you should get it checked out and maybe think about an operation. Alternatatively is self cathing, but, that wasn't for me, too squirmish and didnt want infections although most people on hee manage ok.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your input , much appreciated.

Darren 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.