tamsulosin back pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was prescribed this drug by my GP on the advice of a urologist for bladder neck disfunction.Ever since I began taking it I have been suffering from persistant lower back pain which is sometimes really horrible and disabling.Has anyone else had this side effect?

GP doesnt think it can be the drug thats causing my pain.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi - nowhere near all the dide effects are listed for this drug. Trolling the net makes your eyes pop out! After suffering for a year I bit the bullet and had a TURP. Have never looked back. Before this I thought I needed a hip replacement. All went away when I dropped the drug 14 months ago. Trouble is its the gold standard that urologists first reach for and they just dont seem to want to know about its nasty side as it does work (sort of!!,,)
  • Posted

My son has had awful back pain 24/7 since taking this , did you ever get this resolved
  • Posted

I’m experiencing the same problem. I stoped the medication two weeks ago and still have a back problem.

My doctor also does not think is the drug, however the back pain started just after taking this medication. 

• Posted

I have been taking tamsolosin 400 mg for 7 years. It affects the swallowing sphincter

in the throat and slows me down, due to lower blood pressure I believe.

if I don't take it I can feel my blood pressure rise, but then I cannot urinate well.

back pain is not a symptom of tamsolosin, but if the pill made you sleep or sit differently or even lean forward to urinate too much that would cause me back pain.

• Posted

I took it for 27 days, had real bad back and chest pain. Thought I was having a heart attack as the pain was unbearable. Read side effects and stopped taking it and all pain gone in 48 hours. Bad side effects!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.