Tamulosin and Finasteride

Posted , 14 users are following.

Been taking these two drugs for some time. I am 79 and don't have any problems with the prostate as far as I know and often feel I no longer need to continue to take these drugs which must have side effects. Some years back I had all the usual tests and psa was up a bit to 6.5 and the urologist put me on these two drugs. They shrink the prostate, and I think mine is very reduced now. My last psa test a couple of years ago set it at 3  little or no semen is produced from sex! During the day I can do for hours without a need for a pee but at night I am usually up at 3am in the morning to the toilet. I have a good stream and no urgency otherwise. Are there men of my age who survive without these drugs?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David, I was your first reply, I just worried for you that you had gone missing, glad your here.

Tony

• Posted

Ok thanks Tony yes still checking the messages. Patient have even given me a Helpful badge!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.