Tanning and anti dandruff shampoo not working on this pityriasis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! So I've had pityriasis rosea for 7 weeks and I have it quite badly, it's from my neck to my knees and down my arms and it just looks awful. I've been using Selsun shampoo to wash with and ive been doing between 6 and 10 mins on the sunbeds every other day for a week. The spots have got redder and bigger and raised and rough with uneven edges like little islands. There doesn't seem to be any signs of it going and I'm very upset about it, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it will feel like or look like as it starts to go? As it was stinging in the bath today which it hasn't done before. Also, should I continue using sunbeds and anti dandruff shampoo?

I feel for all of you that are going through this

Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I got P.R. I had it for about 8 weeks before it started healing and it seemed worse right before it got better. Mine also spread out and got raised edges then the middles turned white and flaked off. That was when that spot would go away. I used head and shoulders and coconut oil
  • Posted

I had P.R forever seems like but in actuality it was 4 Months .. I tried everything but nothing worked except TANNING which saved my life but you can try head and shoulders shampoo, lysine vitamins , PREZZE Cream it’s a little pricey but it’s been known to work for most cases of P.R
  • Posted

Thankyou for replying, I have one on my shoulder that looks just how you describe being white in the middle, I like the sound of prreze but I have no idea how long it will take to arrive as I'm in the UK.

It's now 1 am and ice woken myself up scratching the hell out of my belly im getting so frustrated, just glad its not contagious I guess.

Thanks again for your replies xx

• Posted

I didn't know about preeze when I had it. The extra strength head and shoulders made me itch so I'd put the coconut oil on and for some reason that seemed to help. I definitely would have tried it though. Best thing to do is embrace it for what it is. You'll wake up one day and they will all start turning white and flaky and you'll be on the mend. At least that's what happened to me. Such a pain!!!

• Posted

Can I ask which head and shoulders you used? I'm using a shampoo which contains selenium sulphide as it's active ingredient so I'm wondering if it's the same x

• Posted

I feel your pain, most of anti-dandruff shampoos are not effective, these type of cosmetic products are very individaul and even professionals can't always pick the right treatment. My mom sent me Nizoral cosmetics from Europe, and it is 50%50 effective. I am on to try these natural remedies http://ohealthyeah.com/dandruff/ , my last hope. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.