Tanning works!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've got PR about maybe 5 weeks ago. I think that is when my herald patch appeared and it was on my cheek. I thought it was eczema at first but then I broke out. The doctor told me it was Pityriasis Rosea. My outbreak was about 2 weeks ago. It started on my neck and spread to the rest of my body. My arms were covered and I even had spots on my legs and face. And they were so so itchy! I went to the tanning salon 2 days ago and I am pretty much cured. I do not itch, and my spots have dried up. I highly recommend tanning! It works! I also work out (not while I had my outbreak) and I generally eat healthy (incase that might have helped with the healing process). But go tanning!! :D

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris K ,

Which country are you living in ? I live in Malaysia , seldom have this kind of tanning salon . So I just wait patiently. It seems to turn lighter color for my marks , but still it's obvious. Any other solutions u'll advise besides tanning ? :oops:

• Posted

hey...so why can't you exercise while having an outbreak?? My doctor said nothing about stopping my exercise
  • Posted

I just though I would post on here to let everyone know that I tried my first sunbed last week and am practically cured! It's almost like it burns them straight off! I went last night too and will once more but it has definately made a huge difference! It is definately worth trying!
  • Posted

the sun / tanning DEFINATELY works !!! as does sea water .. it really cleared mine up .. however BEWARE .. it does not neccessarily get shot of the lurgy .. mine reappeared 2 weeks later all on my bum !!! and extremely angry taboot !! .. So yes it helps but please beware it lies dormant until IT decides to go .. \" Praise be to the spotty people for we shall inherit the earth \" x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.