Taper

Posted , 9 users are following.

I tapered from 15mg to 13mg and have been at 13 for 18 days. 5 days ago I started getting pain again in my shoulders. It hasn't gotten any worse but yesterday I got some pain in my left hip.

I am not sure what I should do at this point. Anyone have any answers, please?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mr Bella, I have tapered from 30 mg to 5 mg couple minor flare, but basically PMR pain free. I never reduce by more than 10% and follow the DSNS protocol or modified version. I think you should relax increase your dosage till reaching PMR pain free. Then reduce quickly to your controlled pain level. Then taper slowly when PMR stabilized taking nice and easy, rush you will take more Prednisone in the long run and suffer more pain. good luck and stay positive. 🙂

• Posted

Thank you, I will do it. It's a battle but I am determined to win.

• Posted

We're all in the same boat and are with you on this roller coaster. Up the dosage as Eileen says and take your time when you're ready to taper again. It's worth it in the long run! Tell us how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you and I hope we all get through this sooner than later. It is really a tough fight.

• Posted

Mr Bella, stay positive, it is not a cake walk, but you can do it!🙂

• Posted

Mr. Bella,

Im sorry for your experience, and renewed pain.. UGH!! I am similiarly discouraged. It took me 18 months to get from 30 to 11 1/2mgs.I felt so successful! Out of nowhere ... pain. had to g o all the way back to 30. still not pain free but much, much better . Back down to 22 by 10%s.... very slow decreases from here forward.

• Posted

Thank you and we just have to keep up the good fight and not get in a hurry. I thank all of you for your advice and encouragement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.