Taper advice please..

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was put on 1.25mg for tachy. Picked up from ecg, everything else normal rhr 70

Took for 7 days, Dr said hr was still high enough (95 when moving) to double the dose to 2.5mg split am and pm.

Took the new dose for 2 days then accidentally missed a night. From that one missed dose developed extreme palps had ecg in the er that now read svt and pvc (was normal prior), this lasted for 3 days then began to improve. Drs suggest upping to 5mg but I don't want to after this ordeal I'm only 23, and otherwise healthy.

I am now 2 weeks on this drug, with 7days on 2.5mg.

Wondering how to taper off, and if my earlier extreme reaction to one missed 1.25mg dose means I'm likely to have bad withdrawals. Or might the short duration of use make it easier?

Last two days I've taken 2.2mg things are OK, not great but bearable.

I'm planning:

2.2mg for 4 days

If ok 1.7mg for 4 days

If ok 1.25mg for 4 days

0.8mg for 7 days

0.4mg for 7 days

Is this still too fast? Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.