Taper off lexpro

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi been on lexapro for about 1yr 10mg 3 days ago i started to taper off down to 5mg. what should i expect during this process??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i believe that coming off is a bit like when you start these meds - not much fun. they say to expect an in crease in anxiety and or low mood. naturally people assume this is their initial problem resurfacing but it is actually side effect of coming off and will stop.. so id imagine its all a massive head wreck! i have no personal experience of stopping meds altogether but this is just what ive read in things like nhs website/mental health websites. a bit like going on the meds, some people have a terrible time others are fine. i did switch from sertraline to lexapro so had to taper and had no issues at all - i had horrendous time on sertraline so i was surpised at this. its also my ambition to come off one day, when i have recovered... good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.