Tapered withdrawal Venlafaxine - no withdrawal effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was on Mirtazipine for 10 years and in Jan this year, I was put on 37.5mg of Venlafaxine once a day. Following discussions with the Dr I did a 2 week tapper off of Venflafaxine and have not taken any tablets for 7 days now....if I haven't had withdrawal effects so far am I likely to still get them? or am I over what would be the worse? Any advise appreciated.  Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I think you're in the clear. Usually withdrawal happens within a day or two.... Like dizziness and headache. That's not to say you won't, but unlikely. And you were in a low dose.... And for not that many months. If you do begin to experience withdrawal, it would probably be very mild at this point.... Since you've already tapered down. Take care and God bless you!!!

• Posted

Oh good...I read the withdrawal was not very pleasant so I count myself as lucky! Thanks for the advice. Good bless too x
  • Posted

Hi, I’d be nearly sure you’re in the clear. As Tammy said also, you were on the lowest dose & you tapered off slowly so I’d be very surprised if you got any withdrawal symptoms now. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.