Tapering

Posted , 7 users are following.

My question is . i am on 5mg pred am and 4mg pm

what i want to know would it be alright if i increased the morning dose to say 7mg and night dose to 2mg as i feel as if i need more on a morning.

many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All you can do is try and find out what suits you best. It may be you would do better taking the pm dose later so it lasts better to the morning. The recommended split is 2/3 and 1/3 - which would be 6 and 3 anyway.

• Posted

thank you, i will try that cannot get to see a doctor this week, so will see how it goes.

• Posted

Margaret, I used to split my dose, but, same as you, felt I needed more in the morning.

So now, I take it all in one dose, ( you won't like this), at anytime between midnight and two am, when ever I get up to use the toilet. It has really worked well for me. I keep the dose next to the bed, cover it up so the kittens don't mess with it, next to a glass of water. Sometimes I'm not even awake, but it's gone in the morning, along with the pain.

• Posted

Hi Margaret, up until recently I will split my dosage between 1/4 to 1/3 the larger dose after breakfast and the smaller at bedtime. I never had any trouble sleeping and stopped waking up in pain. That worked for me, unfortunately we have to play around with dosages to see what works.

Ski season over started my DSNS taper from 5 to 4.5. Hope the rest of your PMR journey is bump free, stay active, positive and try to smile. 🙂

• Posted

You too Michdonn and hope the tapering goes well for you.

still smiling

• Posted

You are welcome Margaret, thank you. Margaret I believe that a positive attitude and a smile has a tremendous effect on helping us through this hideous condition. So try to keep smiling. 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.