Tapering down from 25mcg to 12mcg

Posted , 3 users are following.

**Hello everyone... I hope you are all doing good on your journey to being FENTANYL FREE!!!

I am going into week number 3 on my latest drop and not to scare or to deter anyone from continuing,

this has been the worst time I've had with any drop. yes, they have all been rough but this has been

sheer hell for me.

I made it through the first week fairly unscathed, but the middle of last week the demons came to play!

I was shaking, vomiting, the runs, the hallucinaions were horrible. Now I am going through night terrors,

and shaking on the inside. It's crazy.

I have several patches of varying strenghths in the cupboard and not once have I thought about putting one on.

So I guess my point here is that no matter how low your drop it is awfull! And to be smacked around again by the

heebeegeebees is not right, and being dope sick sucks, I know I can do this and anyone else who is feeling like I

am YOU can too!

xoxo

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HELLO

hang in there it is sheer hell through the whole process. many days i thought id never make it through this detox alive

the first 6 months after youre off the fentanyl, is the hardest thing ive ever been through . i am now almost 3 years off fentanyl and it was worth every horrific day of withdrawl symptoms.

you got this, the end result is worth getting of this drug!!

all the best to you!

karen

• Posted

Hi Karen!

Thanks so very much for your painfully honest support! I didn't think it was going to be an easy venture as nothing

good in life rarely is, but never in my wildest dreams was I prepared physically or mentally for this. I've been through

many challenges and this is on the top of the list!

I am winning Karen! I am looking so forward to the day that I am FENTANYL FREE!!! I know I still have a way to go, but I've made it here. I will never put another patch on my chest ... I can say this with the utmost confidence, I hate this drug and everything that goes along with it.

I have started using Cannabis oils hoping that it in combination with percocet PRN will keep the pain of a spinal cord injury and MS pains at bay - so far so good. The oil I use is 26% THC, I take 6mg. on an empty stomach in the morning and another 6mg at bedtime. Something you might want to look into and speak to your GP about.

Unfortunately, cannabis DOES NOT help much with this Journey. Mind you, my Dr. has given me zero help or support, my name for him is Dr. Dolittle. My last visit he told me that this is the step most fail and turn to heroin! I asked in shock if he felt that was the direction he saw me heading and his reply was "if the shoes fit tie the laces" I am on the hunt for a new GP. Unfortunately, in the province of Ontario it is illegal to find a new Dr. if you have one!

On that note ... I'm proud you made it - I will be joining you on the pedestal someday ... Gwen xo

• Posted

Hi Gwen

I had excellent suppprt from others on this site, while i was going through the detox.

The drs put us on this medication, but have now way to get us off.

i have JUEVENILE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, from the age of 5, im 57.

i was on febtanyl for over 15years

I needed to know from others how long I would feel so horrible, I was desperate for information. others here told me a full 2 years, I could wrap my head around that, even though I didnt want to hear 2 years.

Definitely every month off this horrendous drug you will feel a little better. you are not going to turn to heroine, my god, what kind of dr tells you that? I live in the US, luckily for now I have excellent drs, Im very thankful for that. I also used cannibas to help me sleep the first 3-6 months. I know youve got this....I feel as you....never again will I put a FENTANYL patch on my body!

best of everything to you...KAREN

• Posted

stay strong, it will get better, I'm afraid I had to go back on the higher dose, I physically could not cope ( not with menopause symptoms too) I thought I was dying, since then I've been cutting a bit more off the patch so I am tapering but slowly, it seems to be working. have a week of scrappy and then slowly feel better and then start again. much love

• Posted

angela

I noticed your comment on menopause symptoms ......

im 56, total hysterectomy, will never have menopause. but i have to say while on the fentanyl the last 5 years, I had horrible hotflashes and intense sweating, like dripping wet just out of nowhere.Im off the fentanyl now and have not had one hotflash.

my pain mgmt dr told me the hot flashes and sweating can become an intense side effect of FENYANYL

Slow taper is wise, I was taken off of it in 30 days after being on it for over 15 years. WISHING YOU GREAT SUCCESS IN YOUR JOURNEY!!

Karen

• Posted

hi angela:

Thank you so very much for your encouragement, it really means a lot. Last night was the first full nights sleep

I've had! I started feeling better Sunday afternoon and so far I'm still good!

I'm so sorry to see that you have had to postpone your "Journey". Menopause in itself is a pain, I tried every

natural and witches brew and nothing worked so I rode it out. Please I beg you angela don't go on hormone

replacement! The sweats are horrible as are the mood swings! One thing I have noticed with weaning off fentanyl

is the sweats are nearly gone, my skin is healthy as is my hair, nails and I am hoping that my next dentist visit

I will be cavity free. I never had a cavity until I went on the patch!

Don't beat yourself up ang! Your journey will continue when you are ready. I will always be here to help guide

you through the sharp turns and dark tunnels. ... much love Gwen

• Posted

bless you Gwen, I will NEVER do hormone replacement but am slowly getting there with the tapering, even though I feel like a bit of a failure I had to do it gradually as I felt like I was literally dying. Funny how the doctors are in denial about the withdrawal of this drug, again thank you so much and so much love and admiration to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.