Tapering from 3.75mg mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all

been on 15 mg for 18months now down to 3,75mg without to much problem should I go lower before stopping completely any positive advice would be helpful

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

can you get 3.75mg tablets in mirtazapine?

• Posted

Hi

Richard I'm using a pill cutter to split the 15mg tablets in half and quarters to split lower might prove difficult

• Posted

Hi Richard

the only symptom I'm having is a return of my anxiety on waking hope this will pass don't really want to go back up again think the answer to this isrise and get out of bed

• Posted

hi andrew ive come off 3 times id say if youve had little withdrawals youd be safe to come off but you may get insomnia as its more sedative at lower doses x

• Posted

Hi toria yes this is my third attempt at stopping and insomnia has been the reason to reinstate at the last dosage 3.75 mg so I will reduce again stay there a while and see how that goes in my opinion I don't think a lot of GPS understand how hard it is to get off these meds

• Posted

totally agree andrew, im currently trying to get off citalopram and its hell!

• Posted

Good luck with the citalopram taper toria be strong we will succeed I'm sure

• Posted

you are so close to coming off of it, stay with it for at least 3 months of feeling okay on it. i wouldnt want the risk of upsetting things by coming off too soon. 3 months on 3.75mg with no further issues, would allow you to reduce further, with less concern.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Nigel this is my 3rd attempt at getting off mirtazapine the insomnia has always got the better of me think I will half again and stick with that a while

• Posted

for people trying to come off meds, who cant manage it, either they need to stay on as low a med dose as possible, or taper over a very long period, eg 7.5mg to 3.75mg, stay on 3.75mg for 6 months or so, then drop again. you need a really long period on the lower dose, to minimise changes, and solidify your behaviour and coping mechanisms.

• Posted

andrew-what were you taking mirt for?

what problems are you noticing as you taper?

• Posted

Hi tasha I'm taking it for anxiety and insomnia didn't have much problems coming down from 15 to 3.75mg it's my 3rd attempt at stopping as many people on here say the last bit is the hardest insomnia being the reason to reinstate at the last dose I stopped

• Posted

I was on 15mg for just over a year I don't think they did a lot for my anxiety they helped with sleep they tried to up the dose to 30mg but the side effects were to much so with the docs advice have decided to taper off I'm currently on 3.5mg but have noticed my morning anxiety is creeping in hoping my this will resolve itself don't want to go up again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.