Tapering of Venlafaxine 75mg Twice a day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there everyone on the dreaded Venlafaxine!!!

I was prescribed Venlafaxine 75mg Twice a day for Depression & Anxiety around 4 months ago, to which i discovered for me personnely wasn't helping for either depression or anxiety, & i had so many side-effects it was unreal back ache, aggressive, fatigue, mood changes, decreased appetite, nausea, flu-like symptoms so i decided to wean myself of off these dreaded pills!!! So for Two months i went from the Two a day to sticking at One 75mg tablet a day, for about 2 months not an issue, i was feeling fine.

So after 2 months i dropped from One 75mg tablet to 1/2 of the 75mg per day for another Two months was fine, after that i tried dropping it out altogether 😥😪 issues,I'd be fine for the entire morning but come the afternoon I'd break into a stinky bodily sweat SO SO HOT!! After a while I'd calm down, but later that evening I'd have to cave in and take the 1/2 a tablet to stop the sweats, the salty sweat running down my face, please help ? But explain hmm Slowly as i have math and learning problems, thankyou

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking the immediate release tablets taken twice a day or the extended release capsules that come in 37.5 75, and 150, taken once a day. I was on the 150 XL for a week and they were too strong. I went back 3 days ago to 112.5 (37.5 + 75) I had withdrawal symptoms after being on the higher dose for just one week. I think you should get tablets that are lower than 75. Call your prescriber
    • Posted

Hi again Lynn. I am on 3x37.5 XL once a day. I try to take them at 11 am everyday, with food. Weird how 75mg’s worked for me for 8 yrs then just stopped this one day. Or I had what they call a blip and I went to see my Dr and he doubled my prescription. Screwed me up!!!!!!’
    • Posted

Maybe you also need a lower dose. How long did you stay on 75 this time?
    • Posted

Tbh i haven't got a clue but they don't say XL on the box. I saw my doctor today (useless) that was she just said 'stop them together' that I AM NOT DOING as I'm sure you can understand. Mine just say Venlafaxine 75mg on the box, but I'm still taking just the One a day at the moment. I've been on about 9 different antidepressants that she has suggested i see a phyciatrist now to help her out

• Posted

Lynn. I was on 75 mg’s from aug 9th to Oct 24th. I dont know if my Doc will suggest going back down to 75 mg’s or not. I do know I wont be going up to 150 though. I dont know what else to do. Sure hope she does. Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.