Tapering of Xanax???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone that takes Xanax have any withdrawal or any suggestions on how to taper? 

I’m scared to death after reading how hard it is to get off Xanax! Wishing I never would have taken it to begin with. I’ve only been taking .5mg once a day for 2 weeks. The last few days I’ve taken it twice a day. But yesterday I took .5mg in the morning and .25mg at night. Planning on not taking the night dose at all since I only took it a couple times anyways. But how do I get off this morning dose without going through awful withdrawal?! 

My anxiety isn’t totally gone, that’s why I take it because it gets rid of it almost completely. But I’d rather get off of it now before I end up with a bigger problem!

Any suggestions?! Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ive several times taken Xanax for 2-3 months and have never experienced any withdrawal- so perhaps you will not either. Could this be a thought? 
  • Posted

I take diazepam and have regularly on and off for years. I have never had withdrawals. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon! Maybe it’s my anxiety just making me paranoid! But I’ve also done wayyyy too much reading about Xanax. Although, like most things.... I’m sure people mostly post negative things instead of positive! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.