Tapering off .25 mg of Xanax twice a day

Posted , 2 users are following.

i want to taper off my xanax. i am on .25mg twice a day and i want to stop taking it because i found that CBD oil is helping a lot better.

can i get advice on how to taper off this amount? i looked up the ashton manual but it doesnt have this low of a dose.

thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Mikayla,

yes, the Ashtons Manuel suggests you swap to valium when you get this low a dose...

it is much easier as you can get the lower doses that you need in valium and not Xanax...

It also lasts longer in your system and so makes it easier at lower doses to reduce.

im not sure if you can tritate a zanaz tablet...what size is your tablet now and can you cut it to reduce further?

if you cant get it swapped to valium, tritating is probably your only other option.....that is, dissolving it in fluid and taking a part of that dose .

cheers.G

• Posted

i am pretty much down to taking one xanax a day, just .25mg... i would need to switch to valium with this low of a dose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.