Tapering off here we go 🙈🙈

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

Hope everyone is doing great or on the way to feeling great.

Im 2 years into citalopram 20mg and im going to taper. not looking to do it quickly im just wondering should i go 10/20/10.... then down to 10?

or should i go to 15 stay there for a bit? x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi emma. Watch How to taper antidepressants to avoid withdrawal by Dr. Sani Rege's hub on YouTube. He explains how coming off the last smallest dosage is the hardest part. Also expect some rebound anxiety and depression,which you have to get through while the brain readjusts.

• Posted

coming down from 20 mg!

day 6 of 15mg and feeling fabulous!! i am going yo update my thread for anyone else tapering off!

i felt a bit 'whoosy first couple of days... i will stay at 15 for 6 weeks now 😃

• Posted

hi ian

late reply i know. I tapered successfully from 20mg to 15mg. I am now, today, tapering to 10mg! later than planned but lifes events change things.

emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.