Tapering off low dose of Amitriptyline

Posted , 32 users are following.

I have been on 10mg for almost 2 months. My doctor said to just stop but I was very concerned that it would be to quick. So he suggested 25% each week. On Dec 10th I reduced to 7.5 mg and did not have any issues except taking longer to fall asleep. Then on Dec 18th I had SEVERE nausea, anxiety, very upset and scared as I had no clue what was happening. Finally on Dec 24 I could not take it anymore and decided to go back on 10 mg. Within 2 days I was feeling better, not normal but better. Was this the Amitriptyline?? From such a small decrease? Is it normal for the withdrawal to set in a week later?? I asked my dr and he said that going off 10 mg you should have no issues especially not a week later. Had anyone else experienced a delayed withdrawal or had issues tapering even a small amount? I do not want to go down quickly if what I experienced was withdrawals even though my doctor disagrees. Please help, thank you ❤

2 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi I have been on Amitriptyline 10 mg for approx 2 weeks and I want to get off of it as I feel yucky the next day. How do I taper it down ? It is in pill form a tiny pink pill.

I have stomach issues that I think is causing more problems than help I do sleep better but this yucky feeling in the morning is not good.

Thanks

Nancy

• Posted

hi, did you manage it?

ive been on it 2 week and want to stop.

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.