Tapering off Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I've been on here a few times talking to people,but my story is a little different.   I was put on 45mg of Mirt about 7-8yrs ago for IBS,I know don't make sense to me now either. Anyway after about 3yrs I came off it without any problem,then I was taken in Hostpital for a life threatening desease.         ( Ephesema ) When I came home I was very low so GP put me back on 45mg of Mirt again.  Now due to the fact that I'm on a lot of meds,I'd like to come off it again,well I've got down to 15mg no problem,but going lower is killing my Stomack ,the pain is unbearable at times.   Now I doubt anyone out there has been put on Mirt for the same reason,but have any of you got any suggestions on vitamins or anything that might help. I would be grateful of any ideas.  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

try natural yoghurt like yeo valley if your ok with yoghurt and dont have milk intolerance.

taer slowly i did it from 30 mg like this

first 3 weeks       2 1½ 2 1½ 2 1½ 2,  1½ 2 1½ 2 1½ 2 1½,  2 1½ 1½ 2 1½ 1½ 1½

next four weeks  1½ 1 1½ 1 1½ 1 1½,  1 1½ 1 1½ 1 1½ 1,  1½ 1 1½ 1 1½ 1 1½,  1½ 1 1 1½ 1 1 1

next 3 weeks  1 ½ 1 ½ 1 ½ 1,  ½ 1 ½ 1 ½ 1 ½,  1 ½ ½ 1 ½ ½ ½

last 2 weeks  ½ 0 ½ 0 ½ 0 ½,  0 ½ 0 ½ 0 ½ 0

• Posted

Hi La12, I'm going even slower than that, same idea but not such low doses,I don't care how long it takes me.  I used to talk to a person on here who really struggled to come off them,a his knowledge was brilliant . But he's off them now so he's gone off the site. But I do remember a lot of his advice . This is my second attempt but I'm determine I'll get of them this time.  All the same thank you for your post much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.