tapering off mirtz

Posted , 3 users are following.

on my 5th night of tapering...took a little less tonight..hopefull i will carry on doing ok...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie

I am at the end of my tapering (down to 10 mg per day) and are already feeling a million times better. 3 or 4 more days and I am done. Hang in there!

• Posted

hi chris.

your doing great ! wow its so nice to here possitve things on here. ive been reading up on coming off mirtz and scared me! i feel brighter and head aches have eased off...thanks for your message..your doing great !

• Posted

Hi Julie.   While tapering off your Mirts are you sleeping well?
    • Posted

hello vivien..

i slept last night better than i have done while tapering..julie

• Posted

Hi. Have been taking 30mg now for two weeks, but dont always sleep very well on them. Last night for instance i lay awake all night . I feel drowsy in the evening but when i go to bed i wake up. Its a bloody nuisance, but i guess its because i have come off zopiclone. Any one else have a problem sleeping.
    • Posted

hi vivien,

hello why did they take you off zopiclone? 

• Posted

Hi Julie.  It wasnt my choice to come off Zopiclone, in fact i am very annoyed about it. The gp decided i had been on them for a long time, also i dont think they are prescibing them any more as they are open to abuse. I only ever took one a night and that helped me to sleep.  I believe there is a black market for them now.  Someone on the Zopiclone site said that according to Wikipedia they have been shown to cause cancer. I guess it was time to give them up but dont find the Mirts always help me to sleep.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.