Tapering off seroquel

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wanted to know if this schedule sounds OK, I am currently taking 400 mg once at night and I am going to lower it to 300 mg for one week, then 200 mg for one week, then 150 mg one week, then 100 mg for one week, then 50 mg for one week, and then drop.  Do you think this is a good  tapering schedule? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi guys

I was talking 50mg Sertraline and 50 quetiapine for insomnia for a year and half now. 5 months ago I stopped Sertraline slowly without problems.

My Second pass now is to reduce quetiapine. Which at the beginning was quite hard to have a good sleep pattern. I want to say I am stopping now quetiapine from 50 to 25mg.

For many people who has traing to reduce or withdrawal any medication i have a piece off advice.

The first thing is to be happy and good with yourself, second be well with your family and friends. Then if fell good with yourself you should try reduce. I started reducing from 50 to 25 and after 4 months I started reducing the 25mg. I was talking 1 tablet of 25 day yes, day don't and after 1 months I started talking between 2days and on 3° month it was 3 days and on 4° month I stopped everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.