Tapering olanzapine. Pl ease can anybody tell me their experiences tapering off olanzapine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i need help and encouragement for help with my tapering. i am tapering @5% every two weeks. i am also tapering other meds at the same time. Does it always get worse the lower you taper. I am very nervous and need help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sabi,

Have you tried to taper at a faster rate with the zyprexa?

I know you are tapering with other meds but you should definitely be able to taper at a faster rate than that while keeping your symptoms very manageable.

• Posted

Thanks Travis. Do you know anybody else who has multi tapered off zyprexa and other drugs at the same time. i am,having excessive sweating and very negative thoughts whilst tapering. Are these side effects of tapering?

• Posted

Hello

I really wish this drug was not permitted as its a pretty rough ride coming off it so definitely taper off very very slowly

I endured many months of severe withdrawal affects going cold turkey which is the worse thing one can do

What helped me get through was going to almost daily yoga classes lots of walks eating super healthy and good quality supplements

Just hang in there😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.