Tapeworm infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Any knowledgeable advice about tapeworm infection? I believe I am infected as two days ago I found a four inch segmented body that looks just like the online pics. Yesterday, I brought it to my Dr who was amazed to see it and said in his 40 year history had never seen someone infected. I had blood drawn, have a stool sample kit at home but have yet to gather samples. I am distraught, have stomach pain and bloating , fatigue and feel alone. Is this contagious? I really am not sure how I became infected... Possibly from pork not cooked through, sushi, bad oysters....? Looking for advice and a friend....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well i can't help much except i can relate. I have had diarrhea for a month and a half. I investigated my stool took it in for testing tested negative. I find seaseme seed looking sacks in my stool eachtime i pass. I'm still not able to reach relife. I hope you get the answers you need!!

• Posted

A worm is a worm. Tapeworm - intestional worms -- worms of the face -( SCABIES) All need antiobiotics . Just went through it.

15 days all gone.

• Posted

U have plenty of friends here but unfortunately not many of us have diagnosis of a worm infection.

All I can say is I hope ur results come back positive so ur doc can give u the right meds..

Your journey with us here will be over soon.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.