Tapeworms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Have been reading posts about threadworms with some interest.

I took some pics yesterday as I was concerned as to what I'd found in my poop...

I have for years been plagued with constipation, sometimes for as long as 15 days.

So just recently I have been taking two DULCOLAX on a Tuesday evening, then 'going' on the Wednesday.

But this time as I wiped, I saw a load of spaghetti looking strings with darker pieces of what I thought might be poop inside it. It was elastic to pull apart. And had a smell I'd never smelled before.

Anyway, this morning chemist gave me a pill to take and said worms would be passed in two days. But from what I've been reading, the pill doesn't always work !!

I'm feeling pretty dirty inside right now and want this thing out of me.

Wish I knew how to post the pics.

Was hoping to post the pictures but not sure how to.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Let me add to your post. For the past 2 weeks I have not felt well, as a whole. I had almost complete loss of appetite, but ate yogurt trice a day as to keep some kind of nutrients going. 1 week ago, I started the notorious awful smelling (decomposing) bowel movement. Upon inspection, thought I had identifies another parasite, a fluke. It HIGHLY resembled in appearance and typical size. 2 more movements, a continuous production of what looked like flukes. Last night's movement produced yet more not-so-identifiable entities, kinda like a fluke in resemblance but the increasing size made it questionable. I left it in the stool catch pan within the toilet overnight.

This morning it finally dawned upon me. It took an entire week and 4 movements to produce an ENTIRE TAPEWORM. The last movement produced the head, which was a surprisING girth of about half my fist (and I don't have small hands). I estimate the accumulated length at around 12-15 FEET (4-5 meters).

I've been passing worms since starting the Albendazole treatment back in December (stopped in early February) . A couple times, I expelled a nest looking mass of worms. I haven't had time yet today to sit down and look for a connection pertaining to yogurt. It would make sense as yogurt contains it's own candida which could easily disrupt the tapeworm's accustomed environment.

Now, I am still battling a GI/Cutaneous worm which I have concluded is STRONGYLOIDIASIS. I will verify this with Infectious Diseases this week, then may follow up with CDC with a couple issues I have in mind.

• Posted

Hi Diggity 😊

Thanks for your reply, this journey looks like it's going to be a long one then 😏

I'm thinking the pill the pharmacist gave me must have been for just normal worms then.

I'm going to try the yoghurt meals and still drink the lemon/apple cider vinager combination. As I feel the first 'mass that I passed WAS as you say a nest, that was before I took the pill. And it stank like nothing is ever smelt.

Oh God this feels so unreal !!!

I'm remembering last year my tummy felt like it had baby movements 😱

It must have been snakes all along !!!

So sorry I'm over reacting but I'm still trying to get my head around this.

Off to sainsburys now to buy live yoghurt and some more yakault (good bacteria drinks)

Oh and lemons.

I'm ready to go to war !!!

• Posted

Would the doc not I'D the specimen first. Different medications work for different parasites.

Also, do some research on Strongyloides and Strongyloidiasis. What is the name of the medication they gave?

• Posted

Name of meds I was given is mebendazole 100mg per tablet
    • Posted

One tablet gets rid of all.

If not... Take another two weeks after.

Take another two weeks after

• Posted

Wow! Keep us informed. I hope you get well.
    • Posted

Will do.

Thank you for caring 😊

• Posted

I was prescribed Albendazole (400mg twice a day, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off then 2 weeks on.

STRONGYLOIDIASIS was my conclusion.

NOW, let me fill in some misconceptions about Strongyloides (even the CDC has this incorrect).

- These CAN TRANSMISSION FROM PERSON TO PERSON. Think about the mass hysteria of society if CDC admitted this. I have WITNESSED (on 2 occasions) a worm protrude out from the skin and immediately burrow into skin that was touching the area it left from. I saw it go from toe to toe, and at the top of my leg where it meets the groin.

- These CAN be transmitted SEXUALLY. I have pulled 4 out of a single collected semen sample... and they were MOVING.

I am striving to be in touch with CDC in Atlanta. I cannot think of a better test case than myself in the accelerated condition I'm in.

• Posted

I've lived with this so long.....I should NAME it, lol. You are right about transmission, not only sexually.Back in 2010, I had a "flare up"....on my right side of my face. Turning over from side to side in bed, I would pill off a pillow case on every turn, and drop it into a closed lid container by my bed. ...it was a restless night and I ran out of pillow cases on my pillow. Instead of getting up to replace with new clean ones.........I just flipped my pillow over and slid my arm underneath. Few hours later I realized what I had done. It was to late, my arm BECAME a mess, just like my face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.