Tar

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had total ankle replacement Oct 8 , left hospital after 3 days with no pain it is June now I have had 0 pain the whole time and now I have no swelling and are walking 4 miles a day. Still completely pain free what great doctors I had

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow, so great to see. Some people on this site are worrying about having this type of operation. Hope this will give them the answer and encouragement they need.
    • Posted

Yes I have read about people having pain, my ankle was really bad and I had polio which made it even worse. I understand that I was one of the only polio victims that had this done. From the day after my operation to now I have never taken anything for pain. Before my operation I could hardly walk. I was in a cast for 4 weeks and after 6 weeks I was walking. Never went to any therapy at all just went back to get x- rays to make sure every thing was alright and that's it. I have no swelling no pain at all and I'm walking fine. I have my own business so I am always on my feet and with out any problems. This operation changed my life. I don't know why I read about so many having problems there condition must have been worse then mine which I can't imagine .
    • Posted

So pleased for you. Thank you for your post. It is great that more positive information goes out on this site. It is really encouraging, especially for those who still have to have surgery, and are worried that they may have made the wrong decision. Hope you have a great future from here on.
  • Posted

thats really nice to hear, i only wish that i would of had your surgeon. had my TAR fitted nov 14, only to be told in sep 15 that the TAR he had fitted was broken at point of fit and had to have revision surgery. Im currently finding weight bearing difficult and im now having tendon decompression surgery this coming thursday to try and correct the sutuation. its so nice to hear success stories wish you well for the future, wayne.
    • Posted

Yes I had great doctors mine is an inbone and it has been great, and every body involved was fantastic and I haven't had any issues at all. The thing that surprised me was I had no pain from the Tim I got out of the operating room, nothing neve had to take any pain medicine. I know this group fixes a lot of bad implants
    • Posted

I am so sorry that you are having problems. Have you thought about finding a different doctor? Did they have a MIR of your ankle to get the precise fitting of implant?

I had mine done in May and I wish I had done it long ago. I was in horrible pain for almost 2 years and I'm doing great now, no pain what's so ever! I wish you the best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.