TAR

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i had surgery 3 days ago on my ankle

where they inserted a hinge

and shaved some bones i am now at home with my boot on just taking paracetomol for relief there is a plaster say an inch below my knee which is very sore any ideas of what it can be

LEE

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know. I didn't have a plaster cast. You might just want to give the doctor a call to ask them. hope you're doing well

• Posted

I don't know. I didn't have a plaster cast. You might just want to give the doctor a call to ask them. hope you're doing well

• Posted

• Posted

okay for some reason I misread your post and when I answered you I don't know why it posted three times I do apologize. Anyway I think if I were you I would just call your doctor just to ask. I don't know why you would have that. again sorry for all the same post. I did try to answer you after that but for whatever reason it didn't work. best of luck they can help increase

• Posted

i can manage on the paracetomol i just wondered what the pain was from as it is just under my knee have you had an ankle replacement suzzane

? how long was it till you could wheight bere

LEE

• Posted

I had an ankle replacement 11 weeks ago today. It was six weeks until I was allowed to fully weight bear when my cast was removed and I'm still in quite alot of pain but it's improved. I never had pain under my knee. Good luck!!

• Posted

no mine was implanted with a plate and screws.. I just started weight-bearing yesterday at about 7 weeks after surgery. so far I am using crutches with the boot although she told me I didn't have to use crutches.

• Posted

thanks Mary

is it better than it was ie movement

as prior to surgery i could not move ankle up or down

LEE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.