Tardive Dyskinesia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Tardive Dyskinesia about 20 years ago. It is

a terrible neurological disease caused by Anti-psychotic drugs.

Recently, i feel like my Tardive Dyskinesia may be getting worse.

I am taking Klonopin, Prozac, and recently Remeron; all for

getting some sleep. Has anyone ever been diagnosed with Tardive

Dyskinesia ??Many psychiatric drugs cause it. This post should

be published, or else the doctors that monitor it, are hiding facts.

Let me know from patients that have T.D., and what are your symtoms

and solutions. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor thing; sorry I can't help with this so I'm not much use. My daughter was prescribed an anti-psychotic drug some years ago called Olanzapine (Zyprexa) but she couldn't deal with feeling like a zombie and came off them.

Having been on many different meds over the last 30 years and struggling at present with yet another tablet and it's side-effects I feel very concerned and angry that so many doctors are dishing out tablets without fully knowing the consequences to the patient.

I am very sorry for what you are going through and just hope you get some answers.

• Posted

SYKIATRYLIES.

Further to my previous reply to you, I meant to ask, did your doctor check you annually for signs of involuntary movements, i.e. brain scan and blood tests ???

• Posted

ellie.

It is quite complicated.I left the doctor that did the harm, and went to a different

psychiatrist. I was going through akathisia, which is hell and beyond. I was a total

zombie on a toxic drug, thorazine. VERY toxic. VERY. The new doctor. She did examine my physical symtoms, and told me to go home and throw all the meds in the the toilet ! !

At the time my mother was in the office weeping, crying. We went and threw them all out.

I eventually ( in 3 years ) ..got better and was able to work, etc. But i have always had horrible insomnia since then. I barely sleep. That was about 25 years ago. I have said no to many

psyche drugs various doctors have told me to take. After "hell", i research every medicine,

because i knew they were not telling the truth to me. I begin to explain i much i suffered

neurologically... I hope you and your daughter are better.. Seek out truth. Spread truth.

write back if you care to.

love

• Posted

Thanks sykiatrylies, you 've certainly got reason to be angry with what you have had to deal with.

They need to take some responsibility.

I hope things get a bit better for you in time.

King regards, Ellie

• Posted

ellie.

thank you. I hope you improve also.

Doctors I see never condemn other doctors actions. They defend each other. There were two exceptions in this challenging journey. A neurologist did write a letter, indicating I have T.Dyskinesia. He was a great doctor, with integrity. Another intern in the dept of Psychiatry at University did tell me, that thorazine damaged my brain.

well..we must carry on and try to find truth. Nothing is more important for future generations. I do love many doctors now, that are speaking out against most psychiatric drugs... I do love them.

take care and stay in touch..

my best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.