Tardive Dystonia

Posted , 3 users are following.

please help in march i was given an anti nausea med. since then i started spasming neck to trunk. 24 7 constant hard muscles and pain. its in the neck pulling, paraspinals, and hips. i do see a mds they aren't to helpful and ive seen a few. my neck goes right and back and my back arches in and leans right. please somebody say they found help and what it was. its been 7 months and nothing lessens at all. i know there is no cure but was hoping it wouldnt keep getting worse. i have kids and they really want their mom back. thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i do get botox for my neck that does help but since it is all over my body basically we cant do it everywhere:( nortriptyline one dr gave me trying to say i was just depressed and it did make mine spread. mine was cause by a med that antagonist of dopamine so anything like those makes mine worse.:( nothing they have gave so far works. they say med induced is harder to treat. used to be neck down my back and into hips. this past week my legs joined in.:_( ive taken baclofen and now klonopin nothing helps

• Posted

If they tell you you have "Restless Legs" --- god, is that scary the first time -- I believe that also is caused by meds But when you stop the med, Restless Legs stops, too. goota go. I have so much empathy for you .... you're young w/ kids. tell us about them.

• Posted

nope didnt say rls they said dystonia went to my legs. you can see the muscles moving its gross. kids are 9 and 14 daughter is on the high school cheer team son loves basketball. been struggling to get rides to their things as i cant drive really stinks

• Posted

Our msgs do not need to be private --- I just hit a button and found it to be private msgg.

Do you have people to help you?

• Posted

just my husband but has made it hard on him cause he was a truck driver and now cant leave at all.:_(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.