Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

If anyone has suffered from tarsal tunnel be syndrome please let me know. It's very painful. It's sort of like carpal tunnel syndrome but in the feet and ankles with pain & numbness going up the legs.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have been diagnosed with tarsal tunnel. I have been trying physical therapy for 6 weeks but now considering surgery. What are your symptoms? Mine are pain in the arch and bottom of left foot and sometimes across the top of ankle. Pins and needles sometimes too. I use ice and heat and take aleve. I also have inserts for my shoes. It is terrible.
    • Posted

So sorry, Dena. I've been told that's likely the diagnosis but I'm supposed to have an EMG test to find out. But I read that the test doesn't always show the problem. I put it off because of my lousy insurance. My symptoms are stinging that moves around my foot but always on the soles when I'm on my feet, pain from the inside to the outside of my ankle across the top of my foot & numbness in various spots. Will have the test soon. I did PT for 2 months, didn't seem to help. I use crutches when it's very bad; taking the weight off my foot is only thing that does help.  Hope you get some answers! Let me know. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.