taste buds

Posted , 2 users are following.

not sure if this is normal but i take it is inflammed taste buds.

i keep getting them in different areas of my tongue, then they go away within a couple of days, then in a few days i get another one.

i haven't had another one since lately....

any ideas ??

not sure if its related to my mouth hygiene, but at present i have my wisdom tooth coming through on one side which i had to go to the dentist the other day because i was experiencing a lot of pain in the area

the dentist anticipates i will have to have my wisdom tooth out due to its pushing against the other tooth if this makes sense.

at the minute i keep waking up with a metal taste in my mouth, and when i suck my cheeks together i seem to have warm fluid come from the area where my wisdom tooth is coming through.

hope this makes sense.

dentist has checked when visited them the other day and said it was another gum forming by the tooth, and the taste was just from where i haven't brushed the area properly.

not sure if this is true.

didn't really find the dentist who i saw very satisfying

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben,

I've been suffering with the same thing since last August... it's been a rollercoaster with worry because one taste bud in particular at the very left back side of my tongue was quite large, so I was thinking the worst. After 3 ENT consultations and an MRI, the best my GP can come up with so far is silent acid reflux, which seems to be reaching the back of my throat and inflaming my tastebuds. A metal taste in your mouth is a sure sign of acid reflux. I was put on antacids for 3 months and it startstarted to go away. I never went back to renew my subscription and within a month it was back. I was also experiencing neck ache, ear tingling and dry mouth. I'm awaiting blood results as my dentist suspected an auto immune disease, fingers crossed that's not the case... hope this helps...

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

doesn't sound pleasant a tall what you been going through. i hope things get better for you, and the doctors can find a solution to the problem.

with me the inflammed taste buds iver come up on the side of my tongue or the tip of my tongue.

do you think it would be a good idea to go to doctors.....?

sorry for the silly question.

hate all this writing on here, especially me being such a terrible writer.

keep me updated with how you get on 😃

Ben x

• Posted

Hi Ben,

I think if you're really worried u should make an appointment with your doctor, just to put your mind at ease, however from what I've gathered over the past few months is it's all pretty normal and it just happens to people for whatever reason. My doctor rang me yesterday to say my bloods all came back normal, so he's not worries at all. Thankfully... I've been suffering with a bit of health anxiety over the last year, and a lot of stress so I'm beginning to think in some way I brought it on myself 😕 . It might be a good idea to visit your dentist first cause anything thatsthats oral, your doctor might suggest u go see them first... try not to worry, and best of luck. Keep me updated 😊

• Posted

thanks for that reassurance Caroline,

feeling very rough at the minute, not sure whats going on.

got another inflammed taste bud.

seems to be more on the side of my tongue more than anywhere else, and when i lift my tongue up and point to the roof of my mouth, my veins in my tongue seem purply black, not sure if this is something you have been experiencing, or if its anything to be concerned about.

i would say ive been like this for a month now, where it goes away, then i get another one.

the problem is so stressed and depressed at the minute, and i obsess over my health, and worry about it as well.

sounds similar to you from how ive read it your message.

i am 21 years of age and feel

im 70 lol.

got lower back pain as well when stand for long periods.

sorry to give you all my problems :-L.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.