Tattoos and piercings with granuloma annulard

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

I'm a GA sufferer but at this point accepted my fate. My question goes out to anyone in the community who has gotten piercings or tattoos whilst suffering with the condition. I'm a very artsy and individual person and I'd like to get some body art but I'm so hesistant and worried that these things will trigger my condition- I wouldn't be able to bear that as GA gives me enough anxiety as it is. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would really appreciate any response! Even just opinions on it 

Thanks smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lauren,

I got a tattoo o my lower leg and it did not make the GA any worse. 

• Posted

Interesting. As a matter of interest, What type of GA do you suffer with?
    • Posted

I don't know what type. It's totally asymptomatic. But has spread all over both legs and some on my trunk. I have around 60 spots

• Posted

Hi, I have a tattoo across my stomach and down my hip, butt, outer thigh area. And it didn't make my GA worse.

I have gotten a few spots in the tattoo. Which worried me, but the tattoo doesn't move as the lesions grow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.