Taurine has cured my heartburn.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yes 😁. At last I have found a cure for my hearburn, without having to take doctors meds. This was a fluke, I read the amino acid Taurine was good for the digestion and lowering blood pressure. I decided to give it a go. 2,000 mg a day I’m taking, my heartburn disappeared the first day I started on it, I’m shocked, I’ve suffered heartburn daily for 20 years and now it’s gone. 🤩

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wow. That's awesome. Good for you. 20 years of suffering and doctors couldn't help. This proves that meds being made to help people are no good. Congratulations glad you are feeling better. 😎

• Posted

Thanks Fernando, 😁.  I was on PPI’sfor 2 years and they didn’t work, they caused a drop in my calcium levels and a drop in my phosphate levels. They have also affected my kidneys, giving me a slightly low GFR reading. I wish I had tried Taurine years ago, better late than never though. It’s just great to be free of all that burning pain, wish doctors would give it to their patients, it also strengthens the eyesight, and as I have high BP, I’ll keep an eye on that as it’s purported to lower blood pressure. 👍

• Posted

That’s good to hear.  I have daily heartburn too but OTC meds and milk help me.  If you have high blood pressure, and Taurine helps this, that’s great.  I have normal blood pressure so I am not sure how that would work for me.  I like the fact that it strenghtens eyesight because mine is getting poorer.

• Posted

I may give it a go. Does it have any side effects or drug interactions? I am on blood thinners and I can’t take certain supplements because they interact.
    • Posted

Hi

There is a possibility it may thin the blood, you would need to make some checks regarding this. 

• Posted

Gillian, I have not been able to fully grasp as to what is Taurine. Its contents. I googled to fine its details which convey that eating meat and Fish provides it to the body. Can you give some details (in brief) about it.  thanking you
    • Posted

Hi

Taurine is an amino acid, it’s been used for hearburn, digestive issues in general, cognitive health, it’s good for your heart, eyesight and hearing. It’s found in meats, such as chicken, fish, beef etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.