Tax credits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not sure if this this relevant for this forum, but I've noticed that on my tax credits online there is a section that gives you your next 8 payments bit one payment Is highlighted blue saying one off payment I've never seen this can anyone tell me if this means I get my normal pay plus the one that's highlighted? I remember an old friend getting the same information on thertheres about 1 year ago 🤔 thanks in advance.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire,

When is the payment due that's highlighted blue? As it's the new tax year then it could be to do with your payments changing. Tax credits work on your income for the previous year. On my online account it gives all of my payments and the exact dates, it should be the same for yours too. So you can work out by the dates if it's an extra payment or not.

• Posted

Hi denise it was due today the one that was highlighted today is my usual pay day bit it was only 2 pounds more than I usually Get and when checked next payment it's nect week again but my friend said she got her normal payment on the day but then it went into her bank on a Saturday but the banks etc have stopped processing payments on a saturday so maybe that's why she got it on the monday aww god knows lol its so confusing why it would say one off payment avd it's only 2 pounds more than I usually get lol x.

• Posted

As it was only £2 more and your other payments are the same then i wouldn't worry. Only HMRC can answer your question really Claire.

The only bank that changed their weekend payment system is Natwest. The rest remain the same. I bank with them, that's how i know. Money no longer gets paid on a Saturday, if you bank with them it's a Monday now.

• Posted

So the one off payment? Could mean that I might get like an extra payment? Rbs has changed aswell I bank with them and they don't pay in on a Saturday anymore there a monday now all benefits don't get paid over the weekend now either it's all confusing haaa especially my query about this highlighted payment lol

• Posted

All your future payments will be stated on your online account. If there's not an extra payment stated then there won't be an extra payment.

• Posted

Well I must be due one then as it sayed online extra payment, ill see if I get one anyway probably not known my luck cheers for the help denise
    • Posted

No problem but You are really confusing me with your questions about this. It always states on your online account all of your future payment dates and amounts due. If there's an extra payment date it's an extra payment, if there's not an extra date with a payment there won't be an extra payment.

The new tax year has started so anything extra could be from that. Renewal packs are sent out between April and July and if you don't respond by 31st July your payments will stop.

• Posted

I know I'm. Not worded it well was just weird why it was highlighted blue and saying extra payment but the next payment after that was a week later that's how I'm confused myself lol thanks anyway for you help

• Posted

I know it's awful confusing lol a payment was highlighted blue and saying extra payment but thr next payment date under that was next week, so that's how I asked lol just need too wait ans see what happens oher the weekend thanks anyway for your help

• Posted

What's confusing you is the fact it says extra payment. What they mean is there's  £2 extra in your money for this week. There is no extra payment as such because your money will be paid next week, like it is every week and on the same day. Your payments will be made as it states on your HMRC account. They do like to confuse people with they way the do these things. lol

• Posted

Aww a see, lol bit extreme saying that eh with only 2 pounds extra lol, it's silly thanks again for your help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.