tax credits partner leaving due to me being sick!!!. nice

Posted , 3 users are following.

how much would i receive two children work part time 16 hours.. i have got a illness unable to claim look alright in myself would not apply. why we fell out he wont help me or be caring towards me anymore i cant do things like normal people do cronic illness.  need advice i have £130 child benifit and £200 month at the minute with his wages. now on one wage. £490. month.??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Throw a party , now that you are free of your unsympathetic partner and apply for esa and pip. You don't have to look ill , because I don't on the outside . Good luck and hope this helps x
  • Posted

thanks gersmummy made me laugh. definitly not depressed then...

trouble his everyone likes him more than me.  Really dont care just thinking about kids school work when there older i might get some comfort apart from mummys boring! thanks to him.  just want get facts before he does go live with his mummy. should go there instead of doing my head in all the time.  Glad this sites here for information doctors no help sometimes.  Only people with illnesses understand what were going though everysingle day of are lives?

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about your problems and split. Nothing hurts more than being kicked while you're down.

The amount of tax credits you would receive would depend on your circmstances. If you are not already receiving them then make a claim as soon as possible. If you go to HMRC website they will advise what to do - If you are already receiving them, you should call them within a month of your circumstances changing to let them know what's changed.

As long as you work 16 hours a week (as a lone parent) you should receive both working and child tax credits. You probably wouldn't be entitled to ESA as it appears your wage exceeds the 'permitted work' rule (unless it has now changed from £99 pw or I have read your post wrong - may be worth checking)

Also, if your disability affects your everyday living and/or mobility then apply for PIP (personal independence payment) It's not the easiest benefit to get (I am going through the reconsideration stage myself at the mo) Call DWP to make a claim

And if you rent your home apply for Housing Benefit. This is done through your Local Council. This is a means tested benefit, which means it takes all of your household income into account, so from what you say in your original post that you now have only a part time wage and Child Benefit, you should be entitled to some help.

There are some online calculators that can give you a rough idea. the gov.uk site has links to many.

Good luck luv, and I'm no expert but please feel free to send me a private message if you think I can offer more advice.

E71

p.s this site is magnificent for support so don't feel you are alone even if other members aren't going through the same thing xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.