Tea tree oil

Posted , 7 users are following.

Putting tea tree oil directly on the affected area is meant to KILL hs. Has anyone tried it?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Kill it ? 

Surely if that was it the dermatologists would use it 

• Edited

I did..for years. If you use it consistantly you will see a difference. It did not kill it, nor prevent new ones from occuring. It helped the inflammation. @anne52249 there is alot of misconceptions of relying on dermatologist to cure this disease. Even though a dermatologist doesnt have an answer doesn't mean there are not any other options and answers out there. I fixed my HS by not listening to my dermatologist actually.

Please dont rely your whole life on a doctor to fix you. You are more than capable at researching and finding natural approaches to help you cope.

• Posted

I didn't mean kill it like get rid of it forever haha I read somewhere it said if you put tea tree oil on it before it gets bad it can make it not so bad.

I had always been a believer of drs and medicines cures everything,until antibiotics didn't work. So I started looking at more natural things like apple cider vinegar (drinking) and using tea tree oil,and what foods trigger it for me. I use bactroban ointment when I get a boil and usually it goes away thankfully.

• Posted

I stopped eating wheat, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, peppers and just found out rice was also a trigger. Coffee also killed me. I literally almost does when I realize how much food items have all those things above. I have been so sad, however I beat it! I also found that applying zinc oxide , tea tree oil and lemon every morning and night has also helped. panties, polyester, excessive sweating, and no baths will irritate it.
    • Posted

How did you fix your HS? I am currently trying a few different methods: tea tree oil, antibiotics, and antibacterial soap. It's hard to tell what works and what doesn't since it takes a long time to see results. I agree that while dermatologist can be very knowledgable, it is good to do your own research as well (especially when it comes to a disease that is extremely under-researched). Would love to know what methods have worked for you.

• Posted

I sure hope you don't use antibiotics to much as it would be awful to built a resistance to them. I found that didn't help,but what did was a topical antibiotic ointment called bactroban for smaller boils.

• Posted

My HS is bad in my genital area 

the dermatologist has me on dapsone at the moment but I don't think it's working as I recently had a massive boil on my inner thigh 

the next step would be humira but I have researched other things but nothing's working 

I was 60 when I developed HS and I'm sick of it it's embarrassing and I have no relationship because of it 

any help or advice would be much appreciated 

• Posted

I was so close acceoting humira but the risk of infections and cancer was always in my mind. Plus you can not stay on it for long. So what happens then?
    • Posted

Yeah I also am aware of the risks of humira and I personally wouldn't touch it.

I'm 21,I was 18 when I first noticed a spot on my inner thigh.

Sometimes I feel motivated and hopeful that I'm beautiful,then I get an awful reminder of the scars and spots I have in my inner thighs and it makes me feel gross.

• Posted

please don't be embarrassed although alot of people don't understand our condition there are people who do im 20 years old and will be married in 3 months and my soon to be husband dosent mind that i have constant battles with my skin condition. i do find that if i take a hot shower and exfoliate heavily it helps. i do mix drops of tea tree oil into my body wash and shampoo and after my shower i use a half and half mixture of jojoba oil and tea tree oil on my most problematic areas and for my more sensitive skin like my face i use a lightweight breathable moisturizer mixed with a drop of tea tree oil the only thing about tea tree oils is that it tends to dry out the skin so useing it mixed with the facial cream makes the dryness alot more easyier to handle

• Posted

I use it diluted in a carrier oil like coconut oil. It helps but not a solution. It’s triggered by foods. For me sugar is the main trigger and gluten. It’s different for everything one. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.