Tea tree oil for bv odor

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dealing with this odor from bv for a while now I've tried so many things and nothing is working. I keep seeing tea tree oil being used but haven't tried it yet and was wondering if it really works and how's the best way to use it? If anyone has any info on this let me know asap please. I'm desperate!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have used used tea tree oil, you can use it in many forms. You can buy the suppositories on amazon. Or you can make capsules yourself, by deluting the oil w coconut oil, you can look up online how much of each, Tea tree oil is very potent and it will sting the first time. It has helped many women, but it did not work for me, except to get rid of the smell (A little) for a few hours. 

Best of luck!

• Posted

I have been just soaking in it in the tub for 20 mins at a time but does the suppositories work better? I have a doc appt today I'm hoping to get this took care of its to much to handle!!! I can't get rid of it!!!

• Posted

Hopefully it works for you! I have read antibiotics make it worse, since it wipes out all bacteria even the good one. Usually in chronic BV cases, Gardnerella vaginalis (bad bacteria) has created a biofilm. It's a protection wall and the reason why we can't get rid of BV. When the anitboitics wipe out everything the biofilm protects the bad bacteria, making it stronger because now there isn't any good bacteria to fight it. 

This infection sucks! I'm sorry. I"ve had this for 3 years now. On and off for 5 years.

• Posted

Yea it's horrible. I've been dealing with it for over a year now and have tried everything including antibiotics. Nothing has worked it's literally driving me crazy. I have been trying to find something to help with this odor so I can get some relief anyways.

• Posted

I don't have an odor but I have itching & am very uncomfortable. I used tea tree oil ( liquid) in a douche then inserted tea tree oil vaginal suppositories. Sadly it only helped for 1 week.

This is awful. Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.