Tea Tree Oil Saved My Eyes.

Posted , 13 users are following.

There's a product out there which is a schrub, and is used to treat Blepharitis. It's very expenesive. I could never afford it. I later learned that one of the main ingredients is Tea Tree Oil. So I bought some and mixed one drop with some no tears baby shampoo. Mixed it in my hand, rubed it over my face with my eyes closed. Then I schrubed along the edges of my eye lids. After that I rinsed my face and eyes with cool water and applied a gentle moisterizer to my face. I did this twice a day. My eyes are doing great, and although I use systane eye drops, I dont use them very much.This site has helped me so much, I just want to help someone else if I can. smile Dena d

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Can you tell me is the Tea tree oil that you are using is 100% pure or if it is diluted to 5%. I see both in stores and surely it would make a big difference for the number of drops to use. 
    • Posted

100% australin Tea Tree Oil. Bought it from walmart. Just use one drop is a spot of no tears baby shampoo the size of a dime.
    • Posted

Thank you very much. It turns out that I bought the right thing. Found it at Costco. 
  • Posted

Dena -- its back! And I have to admit I was lax, had stopped the warm compresses, ran out of wet ones. Thought I had recovered. Leavigolive oil and two drops on after washinf and application led to dry flaky, even painful crustsy skin at the corners of my eyes.

SO, HERE'S myquestion: when you mix a dime sized baby shampoo with one drop of tea tree you use this as a wash with mild scrubbing of clids with closed eys ?

OR do you wash with warm water and whatever, like Cetaphil or another mild facial wash, and then apply that no teras with tto concocyion to your lids and either leave it on or rinse it off? If you rinse it off, how long do you leave it on?

Im pi king ue Wet Ones today, need the specifics of your routine that you say has been consistently successful.

Thanks so much.

Agnes

• Posted

agnes, I was using the wet ones for over a year, became alergic. It is a chemical. Then I started using the no tears baby shampoo, and the one drop of Tea Tree Oil. All I do is squirt a drop of shampoo as big as a dime in my hand, then one drop of tto. Then with my eyes closed I wash my whole face with it, but with my fingers I rub along the rims of my eyelids. Then I wash my eyes and face with cold water. The cold water helps the inflamation.I then use a mild moisteriser for my whole face, not in my eyes Theres a very good skin cream at walmart called "Fruit of the Earth" vitamin E skin care cream. You get two containers for under 4 dollars! It's excellent, and mild. I also use systane eye drops, but don't need to as much since I started with the tto. Also I take flaxseed oil and fish oil every day. I wash my face twice a day with my concoction and my eyes are practially normal. Wish you well! smile Dena

• Posted

Thank you Dena for sharingthe specifics our ellent ine. I will implement t it right away and hope I succeed as ll as ou id.
  • Posted

so glad you found something dena i use bio-oil in the same way rub it all over my face and rub it into my lashes with my eyes closed started using it about 4yr ago and never looked back its great regards
  • Posted

I am now experimenting with Manuka Honey, getting great results! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.