tea tree oil treatment for rosacea

Posted , 21 users are following.

I have had rosacea for over ten years and with exception of during pregnancy have been on medication with little sucess. I then read an artical on tea tree oil. I must stress nothing is proven but I thought I would give it a go. My skin is really sensitive so initiall I added a few drops to my moisteriser and over a month gradually started to bath my skin with it a few drops in water. Interestingly I started to notice my break outs were appearing around the jaw line but not on the cheeks and forhead as they had done for years. I took more care to bath my jaw line also and now nearly threemonths on find I am able to apply the oil direct to my face the difference to my skin is amazing. The break outs have reduced dramatically and the redness has also started to subside. I am keeping my fingers crossed as this has happened before but after a few months it returns so I will keep you posted but must stress to be really careful I have introduced this slowly to my skin but I am feeling positive so far. I have read other people have also had similar experiences and also note that some have been dismissed by fellow suffers as "its obviously not rosacea" comments. I will keep you posted but would be keen to hear if anyone else has tried this.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After several years of super itchy, parched skin, I found that a couple of drops of 100% tea tree oil mixed in 2x a day with my moisturizer has been a godsend! I felt relief within a couple of days. It's been close to year now and my skin has repaired considerably. I have recently started to use a washcloth to wash my face at night--unthinkable a year ago.

I am currently using Cerave Moisturizing Lotion as my moisturizer. I think it's meant to be a body lotion, but it works great on my face. It may be a little too light for some but it's very hydrating.

For the eye area, I found Theralid (as it's branded in Canada) or Sterilid (as it's called in the U.S.) foaming eye cleanser also extremely helpful. It removes make-up and helps with dry eye too.

• Posted

Thank you!

Could you please say more of the eye products? Unclear which or if they are moisturizer, cleanser, drops?

I am asking because Rosacea can spread to the eyes and sight, but you don't have Rosacea, or do you? Please reply.

For the eye troubles there are a product called 'Cliradex', wipes that kill the mites in the lashes area of the eyes. Tea-tree oil is an active ingredient in the wipes. I am just about to order them!

• Posted

PS. Anything foaming doesn't seem to be ideal for the eye area.. or am I wrong? Forgot to ask you about that.
  • Posted

Steridid, or Theralid in Canada, does foam, it works great for me and my eyes were super sensitive to products way before my rosacea started. It does have tea tree oil in it. I use it just as the label says to. Gently massage the foam around the whole eye area, leave on a minute with eyes closed, then gently wash off. It takes my mascara off too.

As for the question of whether I have rosacea or not, my doctor thinks so, and I don't fit the profile for Seborrheic dermatitis or anything else, so we are assuming it's rosacea. And yes I have it around my eyes.

I felt compelled to share my Tea tree oil success, because like may of you, I was so frustrated trying to find a solution, and this is it for me!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your quick answer.

Oh, but hearing that you have it around the eyes.. perhaps you actually are lucky to not have Rosacea? As far as I know, Rosacea does not affect the area around the eyes. I myself looked like I was wearing glasses before starting treatment with Rosex gel. My skin around the eyes was all white and unaffected.

Good to hear that you have found products that help you though, whatever the cause of your skins imbalance.

• Posted

Katherine,

I did research into demodex mite which in now thought to be responsible for Rosacea - 10 times higher than normal in Rosacea sufferers. I tried tea tree oil for week and I did see improvement. The life cycle of mite from birth to complete erradication is supposedly 4-6 weeks. Yuk!! I will persevere and see how it goes.How is your Rosacea now? Since I stopped taking HRTmy Rosacea got much worse, so could be a strong link maybe? The white threads that I could squeeze out are not th  

• Posted

Katherine,

I did research into demodex mite which in now thought to be responsible for Rosacea - 10 times higher than normal in Rosacea sufferers. I tried tea tree oil for week and I did see improvement. The life cycle of mite from birth to complete erradication is supposedly 4-6 weeks. Yuk!! I will persevere and see how it goes.How is your Rosacea now? Since I stopped taking HRTmy Rosacea got much worse, so could be a strong link maybe? The white threads that I could squeeze out (double yuK!!) are not there any more - any reason why do you know?  

• Posted

What works best for me is the cream called Finacea. I've had other creams prescribed to me that did not even come close to being as effective as Finacea. The cream says to use it morning and night, but I've only been using it at nigh for years and that seems to work best. You put it on right after washing your face. I also put coconut oil on the area (a little goes a long way) every three days. Any of you know of a good natural face wash for rosacea?
  • Posted

" I must stress nothing is proven"

You lot, on here, and many on other forums should be ashamed of yourselves!

I, too have been sufferring from what I thought was demodex, for three years.

I followed advice found on line, and burt the b'jesus out of my skin.

DO NOT USE TEA TREE OIL.

DO GO TO THE DOCTORS AND HAVE A SCRAPE OF AFFECTED AREA TESTED.

You will all, probably discover thatyou have a fungal infection.

Stop pretending you know what is wrong. You are not a doctor !

Fungal infection of hair folicles and subaceous glands.

You are welcome.

• Posted

What? Don't use what works? I used it and cured myself of those stinking mites in 10 weeks. I also used Oregano oil...Boric Acid eye wash, TTO in small amts...and many other things including TreeActiv products found on ebay. There is NO need to see a Dr. They don't do jack! They will tell you it's all in your head as they are unwilling to deal with parasites. PERIOD! This is real man. We have to be aggressive and you need to learn to spell and write like the adults. You don't have any right to tell ppl to stop using TTO or anything else for that matter. Essential oils just need to be diluted down to 3 drops per 2-4 oz. They work and no one needs to spend hundred or thousand on docs who don't give a rats behind about our suffering and that's the truth dog00881. 

• Posted

Just read your reply and as i have seen a specalist and been diagnosed with rosacea and tried every treatment possible i can only comment on whati s good for me .it is up to the individual to try what ever they wont to. I dont confess to be a doctor but feel i can pass on what works for me. Please dont be so agressive.If you had rosacea you would be willing to try anything.
    • Posted

That's right Carole. You told him right. We can do what we need to do to get these mites out of our hair. I did and I used TTO and other EO's and many other things and I am free of the hell-on-earth mites infestaion and if I had relied on a Dr...well...I would be in a loony bin. They are not worth the powder and lead to blow them to kingdom come. I never met one that I respected and knew anything. I am a retired MP and know of what I speak. I have cured myself of untold illnesses without the help or intervention of a Dr. I have Fibromyalgia and cured myself with diet, exercise and prayer and that to me is a miracle that no Dr. could have ever done for me. My Dr. is Jesus. Have a great life Carole. And keep using what you think is best for you. 

Lin

• Posted

I researched this and rosacea creams with calendula and tea tree oil are performing well for rosacea. The demodex mite seems to be rife in rosacea sufferers skin and the tea tree oil kills the demodex mites. Coiincidence? I don't think so. 

• Posted

Dear Katherine,

I confirm your use of TTO as I have just cured myself over a 10-week period using not only TTO but Oregano Oil...Boric Acid...distilled water mixed with alcohol and TTO which I put on my skin at night along with Boric Acid in my eyes b/c the mites cannot live in that. What ppl have is called Demodex. It is an over-running of body mites that cause skin redness, blisters, pustuals and many other eye and skin issues. Not many ppl know what is causing their skin issues. I learned by asking God who led me to the "Roseacea Forum" where I learned what I was suffering from. It takes about 10-12 weeks to get through 3 life cycles to where they are greatly reduced so that our bodies can fight off the infection which is caused when the mites explode in the pores/follicules of our skin. They feed off sebaceous oils and dry skin. They eat til they blow up. Then their bodies turn to liquid causing all the horrible skin problems we see around our eyes and other areas of the face and back etc. I hope you are not too grossed out by my info but it is vital that you and others know what they are battling. There is a reason for all the acne and redness. Let me know what you think.

Lin

• Posted

Please give tea tree oil a try. Everything else I have tried made little difference. I use a powered facial brush with a few drops on the brush head. I never miss a day as I can actually notice a difference. I have had only one or two red lumps in 2 months !  Also my red cheeks have calmed although still there if I have too much wine.  I think the really clean face due to the brush combined with TTO has kept it at bay. I have tried washing with TTO in the water but it was not as effective.  Its worth a try as my skin looks better than it has done for years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.