Tear duct cyst ( lacrymal cyst)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had swelling in my rt eye socket for about 7 months . After seeing 4 doctors, I was finally told I had a benign cyst and that it could be surgically removed. The swelling is not constant , and at times, not an issue. Has anyone dealt with this problem, and resolved it non-surgically? I read that organic castor oil can dissolve eye cysts, and have been trying this for past couple days. I am not keen on eye surgery, however minor!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It looks like the transfer factor riovia is what you are recommending. What does this contain?

• Posted

Organic castor oil can sometimes help with cysts on the edge of the eyelid but a lacrimal cyst is different and I dont think castor oil will help. Please dont worry about having it removed surgically....you will have plenty of local anaesthetic. Please dont dabble with stuff that has not been recommended by a qualified consultant or doctor. Your eyes are too precious.

• Posted

Thank you. I am only using organic hexane free castor oil . So far, it seems to have shrunk the cyst. Also, putting a dab directly on the cyst, not in the eye itself. Considering my mother used to give me castor oil to drink as a preventive in the winter, Iam not concerned.

• Posted

If castor oil is helping thats fine. But dont buy unusual stuff off the internet.

Your comment about your mother dosing you made me smile as it was usually given to children as a laxative. Not recommended so much these days.

• Posted

hello, I was just diagnosed this also. I read yr comments on the Castrol , would you please send me info on how you are doing it for yr eyes! I'm scared to death of surgery. thank u

• Posted

Hi! As a matter of fact, I have been using Organic vinegar(the one that says mothers on the label.) I dilute a qtip with water, then dip the tip in the vinegar and apply to the cyst, Yes, it stings a bit, but the cyst has not swelled since I have been doing this.(daily.) Once in a while, if I am really tired, it might start to swell a bit, but the vinegar deflates it immediately. I just am skeptical of surgery, as I had a friend go in for minor eye surgery, got a staff infection , and now he is blind in that eye! Ouch!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.