Tear or cut below urethra

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm asking for some help again ladies  it seems like I always need your help. I've been doing pretty good except for some nerve pain. I've gone to the chiropractor and she seems to  be taking care of the nerve pain. However, my most sensitive part is  the area around my Urethra. My flareup originally showed up with a UTI. Usually when I urinate I pat dry. Before I pat dry I rinse  the area with warm water. Two weeks ago I used  a new product that is made of calendula  oil  and lavender oil. I've never used lavendar oil. It seemed cause some redness and irritation on the skin right below the urethra. I was putting coconut oil and emu and it seemed to lessen the redness and irritation. However, yesterday morning I pat dried and had some bright red blood on the tissue. I pad dried two more times before the bleeding stopped. I panicked and quickly grabbed a mirror to take a look down there. I could see I had a small cut or slit below my urethra. I've since urinated several times and there is  no blood. I was wondering what I could use to heal the area since this is a moist and delicate area for me. I can only pat dry after I urinate. I can not wipe this area. This area became highly sensitive since I had my uti infection and subsequently a D&C. It appears that while the halobetasol is working well everywhere else  in this area it is hard to get it to stick  to the skin or rub on since the area is so tender and moist. Any suggestions as to what I can use or how I can  put the halobetasol  in this area. I have a dermatologist appoinment on 8/25/14. Thanks don't want this to get worse. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I too will be interested in this reply since I have frequent incidents of bright red blood with raw tissue 
    • Posted

Yes...I do like to what you do? I will ask my dermatologist when I see her next week

What can I use to avoid these cuts.

• Posted

Ouch, Wil, I hear you! That's mucous membrane, so kind of different skin. I'm thinking calendula and lavendar (especially calendula) are doing more harm than good. I know calendula in lip balm stung my mouth area some years back. I couldn't use it at all. If I were you I'd blot it lightly and slather on something heavy like pertoleum jelly before peeing and after your wash/blot routine. Just try to totally keep urine off it. Maybe the dermatologist will have an idea...
    • Posted

Thanks...will try petroleum jelly. Do you know of anything  thing that can heal and make that skin in that area stronger? 
    • Posted

Sorry, I don't know anything but what I do myself. I'd start by protecting it from getting worse.
  • Posted

I recently had blood on my tissue and on inspection found a small tear near my perineum.  I used clobetasol and for the rest of the day after about an hour to allow the clobetasol to work I then kept the whole area moisturised with Epaderm.  Using lots to prevent drying. Treat with Clobetasol the next day and again two days later..  Moisturising at every loo visit between.  I have no problem now and will resort to twice weekly with Clobetasol.  Make sure you only treat the affected area ofskin.
  • Posted

I inspect my parts with a magnifying mirror every night. Then I know when to be extra vigilant, before I can even feel it. The tear in my perineum comes and goes, but it's never gotten very big since I started the colbetasol and I'm optimistic that switching from Clobetasol Cream to Dermovate Ointment will take this to the next level.
  • Posted

LIke you, I would get cuts in the perineum area, as I have Lichen Sclerosus and these were very painful. I had surgery and half of my perineum was cut away. This has solved the problem but I still have to be very careful with the bit that is left!. I havent had cuts anywhere else, but I would say keep well moisturised with emu oil, inbetween top-ups with dermovate once a week. For itching, I constantly use canestan thrush cream. Good luck.
    • Posted

Really, Heather, you're using Canestan antifungal cream all the time? I don't know whether that will make your yeast resistant if you get a real outbreak of thrush. LS can be very itchy, but it isn't thrush.
  • Posted

I only know that canestan eases the itching for my LS. I hadnt thought about the fact that it might not work if I get real thrush!! Thanks for that. The trouble is, when you are desperate, you would use anything!!
    • Posted

Do you have a favourite oily cream for keeping the area moist? The steroid ointment is busy going deep, but we need to keep the surface protected from urine with something that has the consistency of petroleum jelly. Most of my itching was around my anus and since I cut way back on sugar, maybe something in my urine has changed, but I'm not squirming on the couch any more. I still feel uncomfortable in the tighter of my jeans (not tight, but I'm spoiled by weraing loose pantaloons around the house).
    • Posted

I am a fan of emu oil which i discovered whilst looking online for an alternative medication for LS. It is very good and works naturally with your own body, but I suppose vaseline would also do the trick. It is good to discuss these things with others in the same boat. I felt very alone with all this for some time, even though family are aware I've got LS. At the begining, it made me feel dirty!
    • Posted

Heather, even though I've had LS my whole adult life and I'm 62, last year the diagnosis hit me hard. I really hate the word irreversible. And I could hardly believe I was agreeing to use steroids for the rest of my life. I'm used to psoriasis – when it's bad I have a disgusting pizza face, but it clears up very suddenly with no treatment and the skin is completely unmarked. My mother used prednisone for her rheumatoid arthritis for thirty-odd years and I carried a sort of judgement that if only she'd changed her eating habits and managed her stress she could have 'beaten' it. I no longer believe that. These auto-immune disorders that wreak permanent damage and can come on or flare up fast and furious need to be maintained in check. We're lucky there is something that will do that.

I'm getting used to telling the odd friend about it now. It actually explains my multiple marriages to women who wonder why I've been back to the trough a number of times.

Having this forum has mad a huge difference for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.